Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Urgent!!!!!! Please . Need to take a decision of my life  (Read 517 times)

Offline Anant gandhi

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Urgent!!!!!! Please . Need to take a decision of my life
« on: April 03, 2017, 09:13:51 AM »
Hello people, I am Anant Gandhi , a 12 grader from india,udaipur. I am in a serious problem from past 2 years .it all started as an ACL injury due to abrupt landing on ground while playing football. Then I overteared it as I didn't know what had happened to me.
So I had ACL 100 percent torn and 95 percent of my meniscus . So I had an meniscus repair and an ACL arthroscopic surgery. Doctor had suggested for a meniscus repair rather than a removal for a long term benefit . But after a month of surgery I had an abrupt sound krrrrrrr sound from my operated knee, dr. Suggested  take a few days rest , was hopeful to be fine . But yesterday when I was out with my friends to eat, I had that sound krrrrrrr sound again and I felt something shifted in my knee , after some time I felt something back at its place in my knee and it was a relief . That day went well. But today my knee has swollen up and I am in a bit of a pain while some activities. Hopefully I thing my ligaments is right since the laxity is less but meniscus is the poblemSo I have a few questions-
1) can I drive a car 2) cons and pros of a meniscus removal3) or should I again opt for a meniscus repair
) What should I do and donot 5)and my operated leg has also thinned up. It looks awkward so what should I do to puff it skittle bit?

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 93
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Urgent!!!!!! Please . Need to take a decision of my life
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2017, 10:55:07 PM »
It may be a loose bit of meniscus or perhaps a 'loose body' (a bit of loose meniscus or joint cartilage getting caught in the knee between the bones). Both of these can 'catch' and then go back into place and feel OK again.

I should think it is OK to drive - but not to do any twisting movements when you are out and about.

Pros and cons of meniscus removal? - if the surgeon thinks a meniscus is suitable for repair, then it should be attempted. Removing the meniscus - particularly the lateral meniscus - can lead to eventual joint arthritis.

Regarding the leg wasting - you should be safe to bicycle, where there is no twisting. I will look up some material for you to read.
--
KNEEguru

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Urgent!!!!!! Please . Need to take a decision of my life
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 02:59:44 PM »
I am going to move this now to a General board.
--
KNEEguru