Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: after opperation micro fracture surgery  (Read 339 times)

Offline minka

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
after opperation micro fracture surgery
« on: April 01, 2017, 12:35:06 PM »
hi anyone had this micro sugery.
well they whent into the knee and did micro surgery drilled some holes or somthing. when i got to the hospital knee was not giving me any pain typical just ankle pain and a cold foot.
The opperation has been done now at 4 days out none load bearing and what ever they pack that with to numb the pain is wearing off (whish i had left it as it was lol) i go back next friday see the surgion who did it.
anyone had any sucsessful outcome on the procedure and what to do and expect
it was the inside of the knee they did for me he said he drilled lots of holes in it STILL EXPERENCING ANKLE PAIN EVEN THOUGH IM PUTTING NO LOAD ON IT AND A SORE FOOT wonder if this is also normal due to the trauma and how long u have to wear them ankle sock things for?
regards john

Offline bizzybank

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 4
Re: after opperation micro fracture surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 02:34:50 PM »
Mine was a success but it started wearing down after 2 years. I just got something done that will hopefully be a bit more permanent. Some tips, get a game ready ice machine. They're amazing for getting down swelling and inflammation. You just need it for two weeks, you can rent them. Get a portable EMS machine. You can get them off Amazon. They'll get you quads and VMO back when you start walking. Do you have a cpm, get one. You need it for getting back range of motion in your knee. Also be patient. This surgery gave me a lot of mental gymnastics over if I did too much and ruined my repair. Relax, don't do to much except for what you're doctor has on his protocol. Good luck on your recovery.

Offline minka

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 1
Re: after opperation micro fracture surgery
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 07:28:32 AM »
thanks for the reply bissybank
The problem im having at moment is aching ankle and blue toes and sore to outside of knee
What size was your microfracture mine was 2cm square and it seems to have made things worse
I dont get big swelling touch wood but the blue toes like no circulation is a bit frightening.
i do exersise bike in garage
vmo exersises and quad exersises side leg lifts
but it feels crap to what it was befor if you try to walk on it with your crutches with hardley any weight it wont go in a streight line its like im a bearing pad short in the inside of the knee.
at 67 it must be my age but everything befor was getting me 1.8 miles and felt getting better now it crutches all the time
when you get up in a morning the pain is in the outside of knee and inside of ankle.
regards john