Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Petellar tendonitis surgery  (Read 843 times)

Offline trailrunner

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Petellar tendonitis surgery
« on: February 25, 2004, 07:45:00 PM »
Hi

I came across this web site after surgery to repair a partial tair in my petellar tendon. Initial pain after surgery was imense. I start rehab in two days  I was wondering if anyone has experience with this procedure and how long I can expect before I can run again? ???

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: Petellar tendonitis surgery
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2004, 02:54:53 AM »
Sorry about your injury. How long ago was your surgery? Have you been in a cast or immobolized? Are you in a brace now? I tore my quad tendon five years ago, so I had a similar injury....not exactly the same, but similar kinds of rehab.

What did your doctor tell you about recovery time? With my injury, my doctor told me it would 12-18 months before I "forgot I had an injury." Running was never one of my goals, so I can't really answer that for you. I have had many complications, and now all I want is to be able to walk normally and without pain, so I am probably not the best person to ask about running!

Expect rehab to go slowly at first. You will probably start **gently** working on your ROM first, then slowly strengthening. It's a fine balance between rehabbing and keeping the integrity of the repair. Expect PT to be painful, there's just no way around it. Just remember that ice, elevation and pain meds are your best friends! Good luck and let us know how it goes for you.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

support