Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee not fully bend after 4 months HELP  (Read 1139 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Dando581

  • MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • *
  • Posts: 1
  • Liked: 0
Knee not fully bend after 4 months HELP
« on: January 06, 2017, 06:25:11 PM »

I'm new to this site ,thank you for any assistance.  Four months ago I banged my right knee on the wall I was Immense and could not walk and need crutches straight away I stuipedly never went to hospital to have it checked out. I have not straightened it since I walk on the front of my feet and now both my knees are bent when I walk I'm leaning forward and have now got back pain I have an appoint with the doctor for the first any advice

Offline Torao

  • Regular Poster
  • ***
  • Posts: 87
  • Liked: 9
Re: Knee not fully bend after 4 months HELP
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:42:12 PM »
Until you see the doctor, I'd recommend using the r.i.c.e. approach. Rest it, Ice it, Compress it (using an ace bandage) and Elevate it above your heart as much as you can.

Until you see the doctor, it's hard to really provide better advice.

Offline The KNEEguru

  • Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • *****
  • Posts: 2619
  • Liked: 114
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Knee not fully bend after 4 months HELP
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 02:02:05 PM »
It sounds as though you bled into the knee - what we call 'haemarthrosis'. This happens usually in two situations :
1. a bone break
2. a torn cruciate ligament (or less often a torn meniscus)

In the acute phase - ie the first few days - it is possible to wash the blood out, and reduce the swelling so that the knee can move again. But after 4 months it is likely that the blood would partly have resorbed and the remainder become sticky and forming adhesions.

Perhaps you could read this page of Dr Noyes' course and scroll down to the bit on 'haemarthrosis' -

Offline Yan

  • MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Liked: 0
Re: Knee not fully bend after 4 months HELP
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 03:43:20 AM »
The best advice I've ever been given about my long-standing, serious knee problems - find an orthopedist who specializes in knees.  It's considered a sub-specialty now and you can usually find one by calling all the professional and university sports departments in your area to get the name of their team doctor.  They always take the trouble to find the very best in the area and, with most teams, they want the best knee doctor.