Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Sooo frustrated with post op pain after 4 months  (Read 1609 times)

Offline Redlady

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Sooo frustrated with post op pain after 4 months
« on: October 16, 2002, 08:03:16 PM »
 >:(Hi Everyone
I am new here as to posting. I am 42 and am 4 months post op from a Fulkerson Osteotomy. Before that In January I had a scope with a LR left leg and also to clean up my knee, fix torn meniscus, August before that I had a scope to clean up, repair crackes in knee cap and arthritis. and fix torn meniscus. I also had some cortizone shots during this time. So three surgery's in 8 months time. With the last one being major surgery. My surgeon sent me home in 6 hours from the time I got to the Hospital. No brace just wrapped leg, which I thought was unusual.  I have been going to PT and have been having deep tissue work done w/ ultrasound, and some kind of patches put on with currents running through them, also some kind of bandades w/ a type of cortizone in them?  I am still in terrible pain, and think I should be feeling better 4-months later.  I have what I call a bad nerve under my kneecap, that really shoots pain in my knee off and on all day. (kinda like when you turn your neck to fast, or the dentist hits a live nerve) So it's really painful, and it happens about 10-20 times a day. The outside of my leg is numb which he said would happen, but the IT band I think they call it, down the outside of my leg is extreamlly painful. When I sit for any period of time I can't hardley walk when I get up. I am so very tired of this pain, and I don't know what to do. I call the DR. and he says,"he dosn't want me to think he is pushing me off, and it is still really early on in my recovery".  Is there anyone out there that dissagrees with him? I feel like 4 months is alot of time and I should feel some relief, not feel like it is 100 times worse. If there is anyone expierencing the same pain, please let me know so I don't feel so alone. Also if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks, sorry for rambeling on, but I can't stand this much longer.
Jacque, 3 surgeries in 8 months, Same knee! 2 scopes, one with LR, one Fulkerson Osteotomy, still in major pain
[email protected]

Offline Liz_-_UK

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • Together is the bestest place to be
Re: Sooo frustrated with post op pain after 4 mont
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 08:37:18 PM »
hi there!

I really think you should get a second opinion. Four months post my TTT and LR i felt great - was walking without a limp and everything felt good - hardly any pain at all.

but having said that, your knee has had a lot of trauma in a very short time and it will take a long time to recover.

It can't hurt to get a second opinion and you may find a new perspective helps you to get to the bottom of the problem.

Good luck - let us know what happens.

Liz
xxx
03/95 - LR on left knee, 08/95 - LR on right knee, 03/98 - failed TTT left knee. Several scopes. 12/01 TTT and LR on left knee. Great for a while but now more problems.

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
Re: Sooo frustrated with post op pain after 4 mont
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 09:44:37 PM »
I agree with Liz that you should maybe seek someone elses opinion. However Liz is also right saying that your knee has gone through a lot of trama. Not only did you have that TTT, you have had more surgery before then.  Your knee probably didn't finish healing before the next surgery, so it's probalby pretty angry! What does your PT think, do they think it is normal. They are always a good place to start. Take care and Good luck
Hugs and Healing
Linds :)
1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

support