Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TIBIO JOINT INSTABILITY  (Read 464 times)

Offline HAIKINA

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
TIBIO JOINT INSTABILITY
« on: February 17, 2018, 07:51:43 PM »
ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO I TRIPPED IN A DITCH THAT THE TOWN LEFT AFTER LAYING TAR.  I INJURED MY TIBIOFIBULAR JOINT. AT THE TIME, I WAS TOLD MY MENISCUS WAS SHREDDED AND THAT I HAD A BUCKET HANDLE TEAR. THE JOINT BELOW THE LEFT KNEE WAS ALWAYS POPPING OUT WHEN I DANGLED MY LEG OR LEANED THE WRONG WAY. NEVER WHEN WALKING OR BENDING.

THE SURGEON COULD NOT FIGURE OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS SINCE HE THOUGHT THE MENISCUSECTOMY WOULD SOLVE MY PROBLEM.

I WENT TO ANOTHER SURGEON WHO WANTS TO DO AN ARTHROSCOPY. I'M HOLDING OFF AS LONG AS I CAN UNTIL I GET SOME SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF SICK DAYS STORED UP. 

ONE OF THE PT'S THAT I WORK WITH TOLD ME THAT IT SOUNDS LIKE A LIGAMENT TEAR FROM THE TIBIOFIBULAR JOINT INSTABILITY.  FROM WHAT I'M READING, DOWNTIME IS 6 WEEKS ON CRUTCHES WITH UP TO 5 MONTHS BEFORE RETURNING TO MY NORMAL WORK.

HAS ANYONE HAD THIS SURGERY?  IF SO, PLEASE GIVE ME DETAILS ON THE SURGERY AND RECOVERY.  I'M GUESSING THAT  THIS IS NOT A COMMON SURGERY AT ALL.

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 100
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: TIBIO JOINT INSTABILITY
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 02:24:33 PM »
Hi
It is best not to use 'CAPS' on the Forum, as it is generally interpreted as 'shouting' and I am sure that you did not mean to shout.

What you describe seems to be a 'Proximal Tibiofibular Joint Instability'.

See if this old discussion seems relevant to your situation - http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?topic=44219.0

Have a read of this, too, and see if you relate to it - http://kneelock.com/?p=97
--
KNEEguru

Offline BarryMc1984

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 02:28:36 PM »
Sounds really similar to what happened with my leg, had a fall and the leg would just pop out below my knee (lateral side) which was agonising. My knee surgeon was bewildered with it but I opted for the key hole procedure. He found 2 tears and a discoid meniscus which he shaved down and repaired the tears. Leg has stopped popping out since that - has been 5 weeks since surgery.

good luck

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 100
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 07:50:30 AM »
BarryMac1984, besides the problems you described did the surgeon explain what it was that was 'popping out'.
--
KNEEguru