Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Loud Painful pressure relieving popping at the back of knee, Shortened ligament?  (Read 980 times)

Offline aali1221

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hello,

For about 2 years now I have been experiencing a loud painful pop at the back of my right knee a couple times per day, Usually if I havent been moving for a while. It happens in a squatting (sit down and get up) motion and I can really feel the pressure in my hamstring being released when it happens, but it is very painful. I went to a Physio therapist they said it was a shortened ligament and I've gotten xray and MRI and the doctor said it didnt show anything. But in the past I have strained the hamstring in that leg.

I have noticed the leg to be weaker when doing one legged exercises both in the posterior and anterior muscles (hamstring and quads ) and I have also developed patella tendonitis for a long period of time in the same knee. I think this "shortened ligament" is causing the weakness and leading me to other knee problems because a couple years ago this was my stronger leg.

What should I do to fix this?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:56:26 PM by aali1221 »