Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: POST ACL SURGERY - INSTABILITY  (Read 1247 times)

Offline flowchart

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
POST ACL SURGERY - INSTABILITY
« on: November 10, 2016, 01:35:01 PM »
Hello everyone, and thank you all in advise

I am  29 y.o, with varus knees.

In May I broke my left ACL , with an injury to the left MCL and medial meniscus.

On September had my ACL repair (hamstring), lateral meniscal meniscectomy and medial meniscal repair.

Now I'm 70 days after surgery, I'm having physiotherapy 4 times per week, but I have a problem.

When I am sitted, or with my leg lifted into the air , with my muscles relaxed,if I try to "shake" my leg sidewise, i can feel the tibia "dancing", moving (like if a little bone luxation, I can also hear the noise of the bones)

Even when I walk, sometimes, I feel it is as if something would shift in the medial area.

Do you have any similar experience, maybe due to medial instability, or does anyone know what it could be?

Thank you!!

F.

Offline vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 411
  • Neelie knee!
Re: POST ACL SURGERY - INSTABILITY
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 01:40:51 PM »
Muscle weakness or imbalance?
What does your physiotherapist say? Really it's a question for them especially as you see them so often
Good luck
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline flowchart

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 01:52:34 PM »
edit
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 10:15:18 AM by flowchart »

Offline flowchart

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 10:15:36 AM »
Muscle weakness or imbalance?
What does your physiotherapist say? Really it's a question for them especially as you see them so often
Good luck
I have to see my OS at the third month (we will see :) ), i will ask today to my physiotherapist.

The fact is that it happen whe i shake my lex with muscles relaxed, so i don't know if it's depend from muscles.

I opened the topic in order to see if anyone had this "problem"

Thank you for the answer!

Offline smbaig

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 05:44:27 AM »
HI,

I am suffering from the same problem, when ever i walk i feel my tibia is unstable and eventually i become tired. I went to my surgeon, he said there is a different of 1 to 1.5 mm ( after 5 months of acl reconstruction with hamstring). As per my surgeon, its shouldnt be like this but he check my both legs and found that my legs have hyper extension of about 5 degrees also my operated leg muscle seems smaller than the healthier leg. As per him i dont need to get back to him and need to workout with my muscles and it will be fixed itself. Now i am confused that how much do i work , there are many people around me who got a acl reconstruction but didnt report like this before. What happening, kindly reply to this, thanks.

Offline Tatersalad0201

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2021, 09:42:46 PM »
Not sure if you still get on here, but what ended up happening with this?