Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Actifit surgery  (Read 5999 times)

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Actifit surgery
« on: September 29, 2016, 12:56:38 PM »
Guys ,tomorrow morning is my surgery for actifit implant .I really hope everything will be OK and this to be my last surgery .I will continue to write here in this topic and upload photos with my recovery .Every questions are welcome ,i really want to help to other people with the same meniscus problems or dilemma ,because the information for this implant is little .Wish me luck guys ,and keep going ahead !

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: Actifit surgery
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 02:41:07 PM »
The surgery is completed ,im fine and just relax in the hospital .I will go home after 2/3 days and start with recovery .Cheers guys

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 06:39:09 PM »
Tomorrow morning I will leave the hospital .The rehabilitation (physio theraphy) started from second day after surgery and continue 24 weeks to full recovery .Now 60 hour after surgery i`m painless (whitout pain),whitout to use painkillers medicaments .

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 05:10:58 PM »

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 05:12:06 PM »

Offline Catherine88

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 02:35:43 PM »
Hey! Thank You so much for letting us know your experience. Your recovery seems remarcable! My surgery was on 20 th for a ligament reconstruction and meniscus removal and Its still quite hard to walk normally, although i abandoned crutches since 2 days.
Could You give more info about your injury history, i e why did You need the meniscal transplant ? Also, could You provide some practical information, like the cost of the surgery, what It implies (tests, injections) and, isnt the réhabilitation supposed to be non-weight bearing? Thank you

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 04:25:11 PM »
I had one surgery (meniscectomy) before Actifit, was removed bigger part of my medial meniscus ,but the meniscus rims was intact and in good shape for actifit  implant.I'm 21 years old ex soccer player and without meniscus I'll have a problems with my knee in the future (arthritis ,OA and etc).The implant cost 2750 euros,also has thread/string ,hospital and surgeons taxes.I'm very thankful to my surgeons ,because they didn't take me money .And special thanks to professor Verdonk ,who came from Belgium !First 3 weeks non weight bearings ,after 5 weeks progressive weight bearings ,and after 8th week full weight bearings.

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 02:30:23 PM »
http://prikachi.com/images.php?images/452/8931452n.jpg picture from day 11 ,everything is alright .

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 11:32:15 AM »

Offline Catherine88

• Regular Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 07:54:36 PM »
Looks great!! The doctor came from belgium to operate You?! Did You contact him yourself and he agreed? How are You doing now? And what did doctor Tell You about your return to sports? Will You be able to play soccer like before? Thanks for all the valuable information!❤️

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 09:10:08 PM »
My surgeon is friend with professor Verdonk ,and Verdonk came to Bulgaria for knee conference ,and before that helped for my surgery .I'm really thankful to this man ,just amazing person .Now I'm in very good shape ,no pain ,no swelling .Doing rehabilitation hard every day and following strictly rehabilitation protocol .The full recovery is about 9 months ,and after that you can start play contact sports ,but I'll not hurry to play soccer or others hard sports ,just start low and go slow .Sorry for my terrible english ,work to improve it .If you have any questions ,just ask me .

Offline Catherine88

• Regular Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 09:52:56 PM »
Yes! And loads!! I d Love to continue doing snowboard, wakeboard and kitesurf! But just got a surgery a month ago for the hamstring ligament reconstruction and the lateral meniscus almost full renoval, so i want to take It slow, but definitelly envisage some kind of solution for the meniscus to have some cushioning back. So what interests me mainly is firstly; If You ll be able to function normally, without pain and If You ll be able to return to impact sports in the long run. Can we stay in contact?

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2016, 09:37:02 AM »
From today brace is on 90° flexion  8) ,and started walking with   15kg loading on operated leg .For now everything is alright   :).Also I taken some supplements :glucosamine ,chondroitin ,msm and omega 3 fish oil .I don't know whether they'll help ,but definitely aren't harmful .
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 04:10:07 PM by Getov95 »

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2016, 11:11:05 AM »
Today 4 weeks after surgery everythink is OK .Walking  with 30 percent weight bearing .Monday I'll go back to the hospital for X-ray picture .

Offline Getov95

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2016, 05:21:23 PM »
Today i was at my surgeon ,he checked my condition ,saw x-ray picture of my knee and said that everything is good .I have no patience to start walking without crutches and to start hard physio therapy with proprioception exercises ,dynamic quadriceps  ,hamstring exercises ,lunges ,but  i have 26 days before to throws crutches .  ::)

support