Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: What to expect after multiligament reconstruction  (Read 98 times)

Offline Pippinp

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
What to expect after multiligament reconstruction
« on: December 30, 2019, 01:33:48 PM »
I ruptured my MCL, LCL and ACL and tore my lateral meniscus in a ski injury almost 2 years ago. I had reconstruction of MCL (synthetic graft) and LCL (hamstring autograft) and sutures to the lateral meniscus all done at 3 weeks post-injury. Then 6 more weeks in a brace, then a load of physio and hydrotherapy and managed to get my range of movement back to 0-120 degrees at which point the surgeon agreed to reconstruct my ACL (hamstring autograft from the other leg) at about 5 months post-injury. I’ve worked really hard at rehab and go to gym 3x a week, personal trainer etc, but still nowhere near being able to run or dance and wouldn’t dare wear heels (which I used to do a lot).
I suppose I just want to know if this is normal for the level of injury I had? Am I expecting too much? If I’ll never be able to run, I can probably accept that but it would be good to hear from anyone else who has had a similar injury and is a few years down the line or please feel free to ask me questions if you have been injured more recently and want to know what surgery and rehab were like.