Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Quick question  (Read 744 times)

Offline dawnb1968

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • I'm not crazy. Sometimes you just gotta vent !
Quick question
« on: February 23, 2004, 07:39:39 PM »
I am about 3 weeks post op acl recon. I had popping in my knee before the surgery which started after my partial meniscectomy in Dec. I'd  say that 95 percent of the time it caused no pain or discomfort.
Popping seems to cause slight pain in my knee at the time it pops. My question is : Could it just be because whatever is popping is aggravating something that is already sore ? During the leg presses and leg curls it seems to pop when I have my leg almost fully extended.
I see my OS next Monday and I'll ask him the same question. Also plan to ask my PT about it on Wed.

thanks,
Dawn
left knee : partial meniscectomy, chondroplasty 12/03 , ACL recon 2/04 ,osteochondral defect lateral femoral condyle, medial joint space narrowing, chondromalacia grade II patello-femoral joint

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: Quick question
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 04:18:30 AM »
Make sure you ask your OS. It may just be that weak muscles aren't keeping your patella completely in line, so it pops (subluxes) near full extension. Mine does it all the time. It's not usually painful for me, although sometimes the pop goes more to a "catch" and I have to move my leg around to get it back in place. It continues to improve as I gain strength.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

support