Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: knee pain bakers cyst  (Read 369 times)

Offline monica1974

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee pain bakers cyst
« on: July 28, 2016, 04:51:13 AM »
Hi when growing up I had corrective shoes n bars on my legs my mom would rub my sore little legs every night doc said they was growing pains n that I would have alot of leg pain when I got older well I'm 42 I think I'm done growing I'm a caregiver at assisted living for alzimers and dementia patients I do alot of walking I'm in pain management for my back n stomach but past month been lot of pain I went to er they did ultra sound and a xray said I have a bakers cyst so they sent me to the orthopedic he confirmed but now have to have a mri done to see what's causing the cyst he talked me into a cortizone shot I wad reluctant but did it n boy am I glad to they said 3 days to 3 weeks to get an appointment for the mri depending on your insurance I just received the shot today so I'll keep u guys updated on how well it does as in the medical field this is first time I've heard of bakers cyst it's caused by a more underlying problem arthritis or torn tendons which is the orthopedic guess without having the mri done yet because of doing pivot transfers at work