Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: What surgery did I have?  (Read 416 times)

Offline sturty91

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
What surgery did I have?
« on: July 26, 2016, 08:35:06 AM »
Hi all,
I am almost 1 week post op for a left knee arthroscope and patella stabilisation surgery. My OS has sent through a copy of the procedure to my physio which I am able to see this Thursday.

The procedure i have listed on my discharge paperwork lists 'left knee arthroscope, patella stabilisation'. I needed this op to prevent reucurring dislocations.

however i was given x-rays post op, and they look very different from every surgery i have googled on the matter. My patella has 4 small screws in it, and it looks like a massive coil of wire/internal stitching that even runs down into my lower leg. I am not allowed to weight bear for 6 weeks but can bend up to 90 degrees with my brace. I know i get a full detailed report thursday but am very anxious has anyone at all heard of a surgery like this?

Cheers.

Offline MattyMate

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: What surgery did I have?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 11:24:03 AM »
Sounds like the MPFL surgery, same one as I just had, aswell as the arthroscope to clean out unwanted cartilage. I cant weight bare for 6 weeks either and I can only go to 90 degrees so it sounds the exact same. Good Luck with your recovery :)

Offline sturty91

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 11:42:30 PM »
any idea what the wire looking stuff in the x-ray could be mate? holding it all together somehow? I realise there is many ways to do an MPFL reco just couldnt find much online about the way this one was done.

Offline MattyMate

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 08:21:21 AM »
For my surgery I had part of my hamstring ligament attached to my patella (Hence why you can see the screws on the xray as they hold the new ligament in place) but I am unsure to why this wire looking thing runs into your lower leg.

support