Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Scar tissue  (Read 417 times)

Offline jonniemom1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Scar tissue
« on: July 13, 2016, 08:25:38 PM »
Several years ago some hardware was placed in my knee area.  I just had a total knee replacement.  The surgeon took all the hardware out prior to knee surgery. My problem is that the hardware produced a lot of scar tissue and now I am not healing like I should. No matter how much therapy I do, the problem remain 's the same. My surgeon said during knee surgery he eliminated a lot of scar tissue but there was still a great amount left. He said while I was under for surgery he tried to bend my leg back and that excessive scar tissue would not allow it. My question is : How can I get rid of this scar tissue so I can walk normally. My ROM is only  85, it did get to 90 one time. I had my surgery February 23, 2016. I am so digested I cannot walk like I should.

Offline MattyMate

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Scar tissue
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 12:29:50 PM »
I'm nearly in the same boat as you mate, My ROM is around 80 as swell and thats even a struggle to get to without severe pain. Best thing to do is get in touch with your Physio and he may get you doing some exercises to increase your ROM and improve your scar tissue. If this doesn't help, You may have to get back in contact with your surgeon.
I know how you're feeling, feels horrible not being able to walk and bend your leg properly, Best of luck :)