Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee still painful 6 months after injury- advice  (Read 386 times)

Offline camilliscent

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee still painful 6 months after injury- advice
« on: July 18, 2016, 03:01:57 AM »
So the clumsy person that I am fell over, slammed my knee on the corner of a brick step. It swelled slightly, and it was excruciating to walk on but I assumed the pain was just from the graze.

The first doctor I went too see told me there was nothing wrong with it, because I could move it properly.
Physio told me the same thing but taped it up "to make me feel better".

Fast-forward 6 months and there hasn't been much improvement since two weeks after the injury and I'm still in a lot of pain. Standing on it/walking on it for periods of time give me a very distinctive dull but sort of sharp pain in the upper outer corner of my knee cap. Putting any pressure on the same point is excruciating. At times, the whole knee can just ache.

So I finally decided to go see another doctor (who seemed genuinely concerned and was very helpful about the whole thing) who referred me to an x-ray and an ortho.

The ortho seemed less concerned, asked a few questions examined my knee, and the xray, and suggested that there wasn't much wrong, perhaps a bone bruise on my thigh bone and referred me for an MRI. (if anyone's interested, here are some snaps of both)

I go back to see him this week for the MRI results but his dismissive attitude has me doubting.

At this point, I'm just frustrated; frustrated of being in pain, of being dismissed by medical professionals, and could use some advice.

Thanks

Offline MattyMate

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Knee still painful 6 months after injury- advice
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 12:18:47 PM »
At this point you have every right to demand an answer, if you're in as much pain as you say you the there is definitely something not right with your knee (Not too sure what though sorry). When you see your doctor next make sure you make it very clear that your in constant pain and you're having a lot of problems going about your daily routines, Best of Luck :)