Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Open Wedge HTO  (Read 2520 times)

Offline Krav3211

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Open Wedge HTO
« on: December 15, 2016, 05:04:12 AM »
I finally made it to the 6 week mark since my surgery. An accomplishment in itself. I am curious how long it has taken others to rehab to a comfortable situation...referring to strength training and cardio. I have healed well thus far and am beginning to "walk" with crutches so I know it will take quite some time yet (hopefully off crutches completely in 2 weeks or so). But, any recent HTO's able to weigh in on their progress? Feeling good after 3-4 months? 6 months?

Offline aussie1087

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Open Wedge HTO
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 07:53:28 PM »
Congratulations Krav3211! I hope your recovery is going smoothly. Keep everything in perspective and celebrate all your achievements, no matter how small they seem. I was so happy when I could stand up from a chair normally again =P I was allowed to run again at 416 days .. no idea how that compares to others but between my physio and the strength coach both having babies and going on leave I guess everything was a bit delayed. I started off walking for 1/running for 1 minute and am up to 5 minutes now. There was pain the first few times but its okay when I run now. In regards to recovery .. I think I felt good around 7/8 months but I lost a LOT of musccle and it took a long time to build it back up.
August 2006 - Partial Menisectomy
October 2015 - HTO/Arthroscopy
June 2016 - Hardware removal

Offline Krav3211

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Re: Open Wedge HTO
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 10:04:32 PM »
Thanks Aussie. Keeping it in perspective and not rushing are probably the best advice for me. 7-8 months is long, but, the muscle and strength are no joke...and I can see this being a lengthy project. But, that's the kind of experienced response I was looking for.  Thanks again.

support