Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: can PRP heal ACL?  (Read 1860 times)

Offline ACLHELP

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
can PRP heal ACL?
« on: December 14, 2015, 09:03:06 AM »
Hello, i torn my acl a few months ago and is still looking for a treatment for it. However, i do not want to go under the knife and recently i have heard or PRP, prolotherapy and stem cells treatment.

I have done my research and kinda roughly know what to expect but i want to ask anyone here if they have gone through those treatments and what results do they get.

please help!

Offline fraz

• Regular Poster
Re: can PRP heal ACL?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 10:52:30 AM »
I can only speak for treatments I've had - Bone marrow prolotherapy - Regarding one of my cruciate problems which is PCL [definite] and maybe ACL the injection treatment did not heal it and may have added a problem to the knee in particular.

Its my opinion based on experiences that no it will not sort the problem out as you would wish the problem to be sorted out.

If stability is lost due to the stabilizers not working they need to be reconstructed - PERIOD -

The only injections I'd consider now are SVF to heal bone/articular cartilage  injury and then only after surgical correction.

Knee problems become very nasty and need to be treated properly -

Ligaments need reconstructing
Menisci need repairing with biological implants if necessary or transplant or synthetic meniscus or non biological such as NuSurface
Arthritis [injury to bone/articular cartilage]needs restoring
Post treatments for SVF need to be done afterwards

This paints a grim picture for the developed knee problem but is quite common.

I am no doctor and these are my views after researching the matter as far as achieving a positive outcome are concerned.

I wish you all the best and hope you find the treatment you need

Offline healingup

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 06:57:18 AM »
Depends on the severity of the injury. I currlently have treatment with Dr. Saw of KLSMC and over here they have had some succes treating partial tears with stem cell injections in the ACL. However when the damage is too severe they reconstruct them and do stem cell injections afterwards to increase healing and reduce bio failures of the graft. I am gonna have that too.

It is important however, to do multiple stem cell injections. I get 5 and some more at 6, 12, 18 months. Only then it works. Yes, thats expensive. A single injection will not do the trick.

And i have seen some doc augemnt their ACL REPAIRS with PRP (wrapping that thing in collegen matrix) but the literature is very clear that stem cells work much better. And u need surgery for that as well.

Offline mitkop

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 09:57:40 AM »
I had a partially torn acl (some DR. said full tear) and posterior tear of medial meniscus grade 3a ,i went to physiotherapy (laser,diathermaltherapy,Ultrasound and EMS) and now the new MRI showes the ACL is Normal.But i dont feel a diference

support