Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Poss MCL damage  (Read 1011 times)

Offline Shaun.C

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Poss MCL damage
« on: July 04, 2016, 06:48:41 PM »
Hi
I currently had a TKR some 13 years ago and up until a few weeks ago have had no issues.
My other knee has been giving me troubles for over a year now with pain and 'false giving way' . The pain is intense to touch on the inside of the knee which is why I thought of MCL.
I had a MRI about 18 months ago by the same guy who did my TKR and he said it was just bone bruising. I thought, OK, at the time but he has a thing about my weight - and he is right- however my quality of life has plunged due to being limited to about 400 yards walking.
Now my other knee is having the same or similar issues and I am terrified that these conditions are going to have me in a wheelchair.
My consultant is one of the top table so I am loathe to ask for a second opinion, but it could be the only way out.
Any advice, similar conditions etc would be really appreciated

Offline dal_knee

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 47
Re: Poss MCL damage
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 09:12:50 PM »
"just bone bruising", huh?   If I were you, I might look into subchondroplasty if you are in the U.S. and have OA, to delay the need for knee replacement for a few years.  For the TKR knee, I have no input on whether that can be done to help alleviate bone pain there.
2007 - partial medial meniscectomy
2010 - full thickness chondral defect & adjacent subchondral edema MFC.   Direct result of stupid partial mensicectomy from 2007.
2014 - Subchondroplasty, chondroplasty, unauthorized 2nd partial medial meniscectomy.
2015 - partial failure of subchondroplasty.

support