Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: compound fracture scar  (Read 2229 times)

Offline clairie1978

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
compound fracture scar
« on: June 22, 2016, 10:02:03 PM »
Hi All,

I had a car accident in 2003, sustained many injuries, the worst was a compound fracture of kneecap this was back in 2003 and i havent knelt on that knee since then when i was 25.  It was fixed together with tension bands/wiring and had that removed a year later.  Movement is quite good at this time on i do get stabbling pains pains in it.  The main poblem is the skin around the tear at the bottom of the scar is so painful even know and ulta sensitive.  I could never bear to have it massaged as the pain was so great.  Its like being stabbed.  I try to be one step ahead i have to be so careful to not get it knocked, and sitable clothng.  I try to almost dissasociate from it.  But this is tiring, when it is touched or knocked i am in so much pain i feel physically sick and my first thought is i want to die.  I am a single parent to 3 young kids and last night i knocked my knee on the table.  The pain was unbearable.  I want to know if anything can be done.  Im fed up of living on a knife edge with it frghtened kids are going to touch it.  I think n terms of the bone its healed as good as iis possible, but the skin, muscle and soft tissue is so damaged. ive tried creams ulrasound etc surgeon reluctant to operate because scar could stretch.  Can anything be done to remove the damage even after all these years, just wanted some advice really, feel depressed with it as its so painful today, thanks all

support