Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Injured in a motorycle accident - advice???  (Read 528 times)

Offline schwheelz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Injured in a motorycle accident - advice???
« on: June 16, 2016, 04:40:06 AM »
After seeing a doctor and failing the lachman test 2 days after my accident (laid bike over and landed directly just below the patella on concrete), the doctor said I had a mild sprain, gave me a brace because I couldnt walk at the time, and sent me on my way. Fast forward 3 months, I can barely jog when wearing a full ACL brace (My knee will give out if I do not have a brace on), I have a small limp when walking, and it feels like my tibia is rubbing against my femur (if that makes any sense) when I am relaxed, But I still cant get a positive lachman test. I am finally seeing an orthopedist this coming monday, and will be getting an mri done soon. I jumped off a tailgate 2 weeks ago and my knee gave out, sending me to the ground and I have been in constant pain since. Does this sound like an ACL or PCL injury? I know, I should just wait, considering I have waited so long already, but now that I am finally recognizing that I have a problem it is consuming me.

note: when I lightly tap my heel to the ground I can feel the inside of my knee shifting, like something is jiggling around, although when pressure is slowly applied, it holds steady. Has anyone experienced this?

an xray was taken, and there was nothing broken. Thank you guys so much for your input

Offline MattyMate

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Injured in a motorycle accident - advice???
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2016, 11:31:22 AM »
By the sounds of it, when you landed you forced your Tibia back which may have caused a PCL tear or sprain. Typically with PCL injuries your knee will feel weak and constantly give way which sounds like what is happening to you. Probably a good idea to get an MRI to confirm it, Good Luck with everything :)

Offline schwheelz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 07:11:57 PM »
Thank you for the info, seeing my primary care this afternoon to get the Mri!

Offline schwheelz

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 01:32:55 AM »
update: so the ortho is this coming monday, we took xrays of my knee and of my back. learned that I had scoliosis today (weird for a 23 year old male), and was prescribed muscle relaxers to help with the pain from compensating on the knee and relieve tension in the lower back. Dr is pretty sure I tore or heavily strained my pcl and or acl, and is definitely sure I strained my meniscus, if not ruptured it. - and mri coming soon. Lets hope it's not to bad.