Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TENDONITIS AFTER SURGERY  (Read 2730 times)

Offline Mickey

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
TENDONITIS AFTER SURGERY
« on: February 22, 2004, 06:36:56 AM »
i HAD SURGERY FOR A TORN MENISCUS AND A LATERAL RELEASE IN JANUARY. WHILE IN PT I DEVELOPED TENDONITIS AROUND MY KNEE CAP per the Physical Therapist) IT IS EXTREMELY PAINFUL. HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS AND DID IT GO AWAY??? please help!

Thanks,
Mickey

Offline soccermom

• Forum Faithful
  • Light @ the end of tunnel isn't an oncoming train!
Re: TENDONITIS AFTER SURGERY
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 06:57:02 AM »
Hi Mickey,

Yes, I have had Patellar tendonitis. My Pt told me to dig the side of my thumb right under the knee cap and massage back and forth for 6 minutes a day. It hurts at first but gets better as you continue doing it. Also Ice it afterwards. Are you doing extension exercises? Those are what aggrevated my tendon. I probably still have it but it has gotten ALOT better. I used to feel it while walking and now I dont.

Hope that helps you and hope you feel better soon!

Christina ;)
Meniscus tear/Torn MCL/Partially Torn ACL
Meniscus Repair 8/21/03 Debride Surgery 10/18/03, 1/6/04  fat pad remvd & lateral release. Had Arthrofibrosis. ROM @ 140/ 0
deg.Take yr  to rebuild quad.

Offline SarahSmile

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 07:23:38 AM »
How do you know if you have it? I have some of the symptoms you are describing and am wondering if that has caused some of my severe pain... ??  ???  Would the dr be able to diagnose it? What are the symptoms?

Massage helps? I am seeing a massage therapist next week- I will be sure to tell him to rub that area!!!  ;)

Thanks!!!!
Sarah :)
Severe AF
'95-ACL Recon
'01-ACL Recon revision; 30 degrees extension
'02-MUA, notchplasty. Severe arthrofibrosis.
'04-MUA,Chondroplasty,menisectomy,synovectomy,bone spur rmvl.
'04-MUA, Chondroplasty,synovectomy
'05-Extensive LOA, AIR, LR
Surgery #7: 7/12/06: LOA, AIr
9/15/06: DIAGNOSED W/ RSD

Offline soccermom

• Forum Faithful
  • Light @ the end of tunnel isn't an oncoming train!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2004, 04:31:50 PM »
Sarah,

The symptoms I had were Pain under the patella. Any kind of extension exercise would hurt and just walking. You know how you have to swing your heel out all the way. That hurt too so I would try to avoid it and had a worst limp.

Your PT could diagnose it for you even. Mine did. Becareful about having the massage therapist do it unless ofcourse she is a medical massage therapist. Your PT could show you how to massage it.

I hope your pain goes away soo. ;D

Christina ;)
Meniscus tear/Torn MCL/Partially Torn ACL
Meniscus Repair 8/21/03 Debride Surgery 10/18/03, 1/6/04  fat pad remvd & lateral release. Had Arthrofibrosis. ROM @ 140/ 0
deg.Take yr  to rebuild quad.

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
    • Check out my photography!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 04:10:40 AM »
Hi all!

Just one thing to keep in mind...scar tissue mimics all kinds of conditions.  Tendinitis is one that comes up a lot.  Now, it could be that scar tissue is wrapping around the tendon and causing symptoms of inflammation.  So technically, that is tenditis, right?  But tendinitis that is secondary to scar tissue does NOT respond well to the standard treatments, whereas tendinitis due to overuse does.  If this makes any sense at all...

Also, remember patella baja acts just like tendinitis, too, but is in fact a much more serious manifestation of the ailment (tendinosis).

Just a few thoughts here.  Gotta run (moving is [email protected]!)

Heather
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell

support