Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Another knee injury - need advice  (Read 1027 times)

Offline gooner123

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Another knee injury - need advice
« on: May 30, 2016, 09:39:51 PM »
Hi guys.

It's a long story but I will try to keep it to ther point...
A few years ago I had a acl reconstruction in my right knee. After recovering well I went back to sport only to take a bad knock to my left knee, feeling the popping noise at the time of injury I pretty much resigned to accept that I'd don't the other knee. After a hospital check up the joint seemed quite secure and I started running again and feeling pretty good.

Decided to play football again (this time in goal) dived for the ball and felt a clicking sensation insideyou left knee( the only way I can describe the sensation is to rube your knuckles together) and I was in agony and could barely put any weight on my leg at all. After a week or so I could walk comfortably again however didn't have the confidence to go running. On numerous occasions since the goalkeeping injury though I can do something as simple as uncross my legs and I will get the same crunch sensation followed by the inability to walk.

I have since found that if I pull my leg in a certain way to get the crunch again the pain will be relieved and I can walk fine. Any opinions or suggestions on what my problem could be?

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run....
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it....
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 369
  • Neelie knee!
Re: Another knee injury - need advice
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:56:41 PM »
Meniscus tear would be high on my list of suspects with the tear getting caught in the joint. Can you contact your Physio from ACL days to get it checked? Or go to your GP for a referral

There's a good meniscus primer and video in the learning hub ^^^

Good luck :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

support