Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: bilateral synovitis  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Hopfulnee

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
bilateral synovitis
« on: April 30, 2016, 06:24:56 PM »
Hello,

after a long stretch of mostly pain free knees, I find myself in the subworld of knee sufferers again...! basically I decided I needed a new focus after my mom recently died. I had the bright idea to try an 8 week walk to run program. bad idea!! even though I only jogged lightly for 10 min per day for three days(alternating with mostly walking) my knees flared up on the fourth day. I immediately discontinued but the damage was done. My ortho diagnosed synovitis in both knees, and prescribed prednisone. now on day 4 of 5 of prednisone with absolutely no relief and is excruciating to walk. curious if anyone has had similar experience, and if prednisone worked for them? everything I read indicates it should be helping! :(
Feb 2013 RK arthroscopy/chondroplasty,synovectomy
Aug 2012 - failed Euflexxa,big pain LK too now
Neurontin early,cortisone inj x3, pt x3, Graston
May 2012 - MRI RK
Dec 2011 - MRI RK
Feb 2011 - MCL tear grade II ski

Offline walkingdaily

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: bilateral synovitis
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 11:00:00 AM »
You said you have a problem with the knees "again." What was your problem before?

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 402
  • Neelie knee!
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 02:41:03 PM »
The poster's history is in their signature :)

You can look at previous posts too http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=34804
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up

Offline Hopfulnee

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 10:37:31 PM »
You said you have a problem with the knees "again." What was your problem before?

Hi Walking Daily,

As Vickster mentioned my history is in signature/profile (it took me forever to figure that out!) but my knee troubles began with an MCL injury and progressed from there. I have osteoarthritis in both knees. Although not severe it has caused me a great deal of pain and trouble. Three nights ago pain was so severe I almost had husband drive me to hospital. Instead PCP took me in next am. Thinks it's pes anserine bursitis not synovitis.  Prescribed pain meds but ordered bloodwork for RA, etc at my request. Came back negative. Regardless of where inflammation coming from its a nightmare but with the meds I was able to go back to work today, albeit limping and icing. Interesting enough, it's my "good" knee that is far worse right now.

You obviously have  a lot of knee trouble too. Is yours from an injury as well? Do you have a diagnosis? Would love to hear. This is such an awesome site, and with so much support out there it's like coming "home"  :)
Feb 2013 RK arthroscopy/chondroplasty,synovectomy
Aug 2012 - failed Euflexxa,big pain LK too now
Neurontin early,cortisone inj x3, pt x3, Graston
May 2012 - MRI RK
Dec 2011 - MRI RK
Feb 2011 - MCL tear grade II ski