Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: New Life?  (Read 749 times)

Offline darla_luscious

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
New Life?
« on: April 21, 2016, 04:41:44 PM »
I just got a call like two days ago to have knee surgery tomorrow, Friday the 22nd. It seems like I have to rush stuff, but not really. I wasn't getting along with my husband, now I know he is gone. I have to deal with it. I actually can't wait until tomorrow. I want  to ge t rid of this pain on my left knee. My left knee is getting skinny. i don't like it. i have  a knee brace. What do I expect when they do surgery? What i was reading, they just give out crutches. Which kind of doesn't do good for me. I got tired of crutches with my acl. Just walked. I can do it again. I actually thought they would give out wheelchairs. I am not that bad.

There is something going on with my knee. It is like numb, like my nerves stopped dealing with what they had to. i was in a situation where all i could do was lay down. Not very good. i talked with my doctor about it, he told me they will deal with it once i get surgery. I am guessing for me to let them know.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 04:47:33 PM by darla_luscious »

Offline Vickster

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 405
  • Neelie knee!
Re: New Life?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 04:49:39 PM »
What are you having done to your knee? If something relatively straightforward or minor, you may not need crutches for long, if at all

If you are going to be non weight bearing for a while and need a wheelchair, ask local charities like the Red Cross if they have any you can hire. Elbow type crutches can be less uncomfortable than the armpit type

Good luck :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09
LK arthroscopy 8/2/10
2nd scope on 16/12/10
RK arthroscopy on 5/2/15
Lateral meniscus trim, excision of hoffa's fat pad, chondral stabilisation
LK scope 10.1.19 medial menisectomy, trochlea microfracture, general tidy up