Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: ACL Reconstruction 4 Weeks Post-op - Awful Body Aches  (Read 653 times)

Offline markp

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
ACL Reconstruction 4 Weeks Post-op - Awful Body Aches
« on: April 13, 2016, 10:42:57 PM »
Hi,

I am a 6'0 tall & thin 42 year old male who plays competitive soccer 2-3 times a week and never had any type of serious injury until last week of February.

I am 1 month post-op with patellar reconstruction. Procedure went great and full into PT right now.

One issue I am really struggling with is massive aches and pains in my neck, back and hips. Like something is eating away at me. Not sure if it is because my body and walking gait has been so out of whack plus sleeping awful or what but its terrible. Taking Mobic now but that does nothing.

Has anyone experienced these aches and pains post op? Meanwhile my knee has no pain. Should be weaning off my brace this weekend.

Offline debs555

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
Re: ACL Reconstruction 4 Weeks Post-op - Awful Body Aches
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 07:06:34 PM »
Hi,sorry you're going through all this pain at the moment.
I damaged my knee 10 weeks ago & thanks to crutches & having knee in a long brace,i started to have the same issues.It's all down to doing things differently! As i am walking in a different way,my lower back is playing up.& as i'm having to push myself up from a chair,my wrists, neck & shoulders have been horrendous! 
I have been seeing a Mctimmoney chiropractor & she has made a big difference to me.She pointed out that i need to be getting up from a chair differently,which is working great now.
I don't take any pain meds as i only use homeopathywhich works really well.
Good luck :)
2 fractures. ruptured acl & torn mcl

Offline markp

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 07:33:54 PM »
Thanks for the feedback and sorry to hear of your troubles as well.

Yeah the first 2 weeks post-op was awful with the crutches.  A month later I thought the aches woudl go away.  They do subside at times and most likely is probably depression.   

Offline debs555

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2016, 08:46:28 PM »
Crutches are not good for posture.Assuming you'll be having some physio for your knee soon,i should have a word about your neck etc.But i do highly recommend a Mctimmoney chiropractor  :)
2 fractures. ruptured acl & torn mcl

support