Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Mcl instability  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Grf

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Mcl instability
« on: April 15, 2016, 12:45:58 PM »
Hello just wanted to ask is it common to get knee instability after mcl injury but without sweeling and much pain.

I injured my mcl it was a sharp pain for few seconds but it was ok in a few minutes i just felt knee instability after. Next morning there was some pain no swelling but what bothers me most is bucling knee. After 3 days there is basicly no pain no swelling but knee is unstable when i move it laterali from inside up or like kicking football with inside of the foot.  Is it possible to get this kind of instability with grade 1 tear or its mostly grade 3. Dr.google says instability presists in grade 2 and 3. But i wanted to know other people experiences. Cant get to doc now so the only thing left to calm down my anxiety is to post here :(

Offline healingup

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Re: Mcl instability
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 04:53:04 PM »
 Seems like a grade 2 or 3 indeed.

When the knee is bend past 30 degrees it is the superficial MCL, when u experience laxity at extention it is the POL ligament and maybe medial joint capsule. I dont know if it will tighten up. See my question in: "MCL lack of healing? Any Opinions"

support