Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Symptoms of an ACL graft tear?  (Read 1727 times)

Offline dfount3

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Symptoms of an ACL graft tear?
« on: April 02, 2016, 02:18:16 AM »
Just FYI, this question specifically pertains to an ACL hamstring autograft. I have heard that retearing an ACL graft can be done with no pain and minimal swelling as a result, supposedly due to the graft not being an actual ACL ligament with nerve fibers on it. Not sure if that is true or not, so I wanted to hear from people who may know of this topic or have personally experienced an ACL graft tear, preferably within the first 3 months post-op. Are there any noticeable symptoms when tearing an acl graft within the first 3 months of post-op(swelling, pain, loss of ROM, etc.)? I greatly appreciate any assistance.

Offline Piri00

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 1
Re: Symptoms of an ACL graft tear?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 11:03:25 AM »
Hi

When I re-tear my ACLr I had no pain when that injury happened but I could her pop and knee become swollen by the end of the day and wobbly.

This was 12 months post -op during my rehab when practising for football.

Now in recovery of ACL revision almost 6 months post-op.

Offline dfount3

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Symptoms of an ACL graft tear?
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 11:32:36 PM »
I had a little slip on the stairs the other week and have been worried about it. I didn't have any pain, nor any swelling, and my knee feels pretty stable. Though, I heard a crack/pop on the front of my kneecap when it happened, but I'm not sure if it was just scar tissue or the graft tearing. I see my OS in two days and it can't come any quicker.
Thanks for your answer piri00!