Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 2nd Knee Dislocation - MPFL Tear  (Read 647 times)

Offline MattyMate

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 1
2nd Knee Dislocation - MPFL Tear
« on: April 01, 2016, 04:42:31 PM »
Hey all, as you have seen by the title I dislocated my knee for the second time in 10 months while playing cricket (exact same sport as last time) about 5 weeks ago. Since my knee was feeling good after recovering last time I thought it would have been a good idea to give it a go again due to how much I had put my knee through from working after the first dislocation such as heavy lifting, bending, walking, twisting. I have attached a photo below at the exact moment it went out of place the 2nd time round, as you can see, my back foot should be pivoted with my toes facing down but my foot decided to go flat, causing a large twist to occur. My questions are why has my foot just gone flat like that and by looking at the photo what ligaments do you believe I may have damaged due to my surgeon not getting me an MRI scan and just a CT scan which showed a MPFL tear. The other photo shoes me 1 year before of how my foot should have been. My kneecap was out of place for 40 minutes if that helps, Thankyou :)

support