Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Recovery advice please  (Read 622 times)

Offline Mya

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Recovery advice please
« on: March 26, 2016, 04:49:06 AM »
Hi, Having a woe is me day ... I know things will get better, but ....Really feeling like things will never get back to normal and would really appreciate some words of wisdom. I had a TKR 2010 and in January this year, fell off a ladder and shattered my patella and ruptured patella tendon. Had a patella repair with a tantalum patella used and my patella tendon repaired. After 8 weeks in a brace, no weight bearing and no bending I was able to commence rehab. My muscles have wasted and rehab is going really slowly, I have physio and hydro 3 times a week as well as at home exercises (really hard to do, pain and feeling like my muscles will snap) have been told it will take 6 months to gain full mobility and 12 months to be back at capacity. Has anyone else experienced this type of surgery and rehab? Feeling like I will never walk again 😒 Thanks everyone 😀

Offline John42

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 213
  • Complete Ruptered Patella Tendon 9 Jan 2003
    • Chat with SylviaK4221
Re: Recovery advice please
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 08:13:37 AM »
Hi Mya

Read your post - as far as the ruptured Patella tendon is concerned, repost you message on Ruptured Patella/Quadriceps /Surgery web page - lots of buddies to give you help and answers.

Click on the underneath post - read with care - lots of information regarding your injury and the rehab procedure - afraid you are in for a long rehab.   Keep posting  - WHERE do you live?   You will walk again -- but it will take time - one immediate tip - sleep with a pillow/cushion between your knees.

Take care - JohnK/ Manchester UK 

https://www.facebook.com/QuadricepsPatellarTendonRupture
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 08:15:43 AM by John42 »
Ruptured Patella Tendon January 9 2003
Slipped on black ice.  Manchester UK

Complete Ruptured Tendon

Offline Mya

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Recovery advice please
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 09:47:32 AM »
Thanks for the advice, will do as you suggest, I am in Perth, Western Australia 😀