Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Failed microfracture...now what?  (Read 14746 times)

Offline bizzybank

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 4
Re: Failed microfracture...now what?
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2017, 03:36:56 PM »
Yeah it hasn't gotten any better. My right knee doesn't have any Crepitus, but it swells constantly with any kind of repetitive movement (walking,and even bending my knee). There's even a cool damp swelling when I'm resting it or laying down and theres always a loud crack after not moving it for a long period of time. It's a lot worse than Pre-op right now. To top it off my left knee(my supposed good knee) which I had a scope on to trim a meniscus tear two years ago is showing a lot of the same symptoms I had previously. Stiffness, occasional sharp pain when walking, bending or twisting. Trying real hard to be positive but really struggling here. I've been active my whole life so all this inactivity is starting to drive me crazy. I remember my doc telling me I had early signs of osteoarthritis in my right knee awhile back so whatever I did to it these last couple of weeks must have sped that up drastically. I know all this self diagnosis isn't healthy but I'm trying to find a solution to limit my pain. I'm switching to hot therapy on my right knee since the cold isn't doing any good. I'm also taking some peptides(tb500 and bpc 157) for my left knee to hopefully save that knee from a future procedure as well. I'm seeing a sports psych to help me cope with my situation right now. Doing whatever I can right now to survive these next 3 and a half weeks before I see my doc again.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 05:36:13 PM by bizzybank »

Offline Aly0108

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2017, 10:19:25 PM »
Hello Bizzibank

On Friday I will see a sport medicine I am very scared also of my knees. I have chondromalacia gr. 1-2.
I am sure he will propose me stem cell, but I am not sure if that will help me or I will wast a lot money.

I didn't see that stem cell growing cartilage for patella. I dont know exactly who I have to do.

Offline bizzybank

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2017, 11:17:28 PM »
Hello Bizzibank

On Friday I will see a sport medicine I am very scared also of my knees. I have chondromalacia gr. 1-2.
I am sure he will propose me stem cell, but I am not sure if that will help me or I will wast a lot money.

I didn't see that stem cell growing cartilage for patella. I dont know exactly who I have to do.
   Its worth a shot. Is it prp or bmac? I personally wouldnt bother with prp. It seems to wear off a couple of months for my knees and better suited for mild to moderate cartilage injuries. Even though its more expensive go for bmac, its more of a sure thing.
   I saw my physio today and did some biking for the first time in three weeks. Surprisingly it went well and i can already walk a bit better. Still have some swelling but dont seem to be having stabbing pains, atleast not yet. She talked to my OS as well and she reassured me that my knee is still structurally good. Were just gonna start back at square one and hope for the best.

Offline Aly0108

• Regular Poster
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2017, 04:16:52 AM »
Hello Bizzibank

Its worth a shot. Is it prp or bmac? I personally wouldnt bother with prp. It seems to wear off a couple of months for my knees and better suited for mild to moderate cartilage injuries. Even though its more expensive go for bmac, its more of a sure thing.
   I saw my physio today and did some biking for the first time in three weeks. Surprisingly it went well and i can already walk a bit better. Still have some swelling but dont seem to be having stabbing pains, atleast not yet. She talked to my OS as well and she reassured me that my knee is still structurally good. Were just gonna start back at square one and hope for the best.

I think you need to take that very slow.
I had Prp in both knees but didn't nothing for me, after prp injections I had a lot swelling and pain.
I understood a think, prp injections build a lot scar tissues.

Offline bizzybank

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2017, 12:23:07 PM »
Yeah knees aren't really getting better now. Recently went to the maritimes with family to get my mind off the knee and have been greeted with more swelling, flare ups and stabbing pains. My ankle even swells when I'm resting the knee on the side. It's been a month now I have been having problems with the knees. Left one has been a bit better but still has stabbing pains from time to time. Everyone around me is telling me my knee is ok and it's a process but deep down I know that something is wrong. My knee shouldn't be swelling in the bed. It shouldn't be swelling when I'm sitting. Ive literally tried everything  to get the swelling down. ART, physio, cold laser, biking and peptides but nothing works. All with short term results and lasts for a couple of days. Its done a number on my mental health as well. I'm seeing my doc in two weeks but wondering what even he could do. Injection? He doesn't even believe those work. Surgery? He said he can't do anything for a while because this was a major operation. I'm just at a loss for words...

Offline Aly0108

• Regular Poster
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2017, 05:52:44 PM »
Yeah knees aren't really getting better now. Recently went to the maritimes with family to get my mind off the knee and have been greeted with more swelling, flare ups and stabbing pains. My ankle even swells when I'm resting the knee on the side. It's been a month now I have been having problems with the knees. Left one has been a bit better but still has stabbing pains from time to time. Everyone around me is telling me my knee is ok and it's a process but deep down I know that something is wrong. My knee shouldn't be swelling in the bed. It shouldn't be swelling when I'm sitting. Ive literally tried everything  to get the swelling down. ART, physio, cold laser, biking and peptides but nothing works. All with short term results and lasts for a couple of days. Its done a number on my mental health as well. I'm seeing my doc in two weeks but wondering what even he could do. Injection? He doesn't even believe those work. Surgery? He said he can't do anything for a while because this was a major operation. I'm just at a loss for words...

Your fat pad is a good situation? maybe you have fat pad impingement?
I have fat pad issues, very painful that can to be.

Offline bizzybank

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2017, 10:08:49 AM »

Your fat pad is a good situation? maybe you have fat pad impingement?
I have fat pad issues, very painful that can to be.
Yeah I'm not sure if its fat pad impingement. I had that on my left knee after i aggravated some scar tissue after a scope. That worked itself out after a couple of weeks. There's no crepitus in my right knee but the swelling in the joint, stabbing pains and the lower leg, foot and ankle swelling is very troubling to me at this point since a month ago everything was fine. I'm just astounded that the mri didn't show anything based on how the knee feels right now. Right now Im elevating my bed with a couple pieces of wood, hoping to get rid of some of the swelling. Still taking peptides for my left  knee but probably gonna stop soon because I'm not seeing that much of an improvement. I see my doctor in a little over a week. Its been 5 weeks since my knee felt like it was getting better. At this point I'm starting to think this is more than.just a little setback...

Offline bizzybank

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2017, 06:27:53 PM »
Saw my doc yesterday. Again he says the right knee is fine. I showed him my ankle and he's convinced i have chronic tendinitis. Great, just what I needed. He said I should probably get some shock wave therapy on it. The warmth from before has turned in to pain this week so it is getting worse. Also he told me told me my left knee is not bad enough to be worried about yet. Things really suck right now...

Offline bizzybank

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2018, 01:16:11 AM »
So it's been awhile. 15 months to be exact. Things are actually pretty good rn. I'm actually able to run for the first time in 4 years. I'm also able to do some light oly lifts right now and can actually squat and deadlift pain free. Knee isnt perfect, it still swells every now and then and cracks as well but it's quite manageable. Doc also said it might take 18 to 24 months post op to feel the full effect. I've never thought I'd be able to do any of these things a year ago. I was horribly depressed and had to be put on meds because I couldn't cope. 5 years and 5 surgeries later and I'm back doing oly lifting to some degree. This will probably be the last time I post but I wanted to give an update because the last time it wasn't looking really that good. This board helped me get through some tough times and I wish all my fellow knee warriors the best and to get back to being as active and pain free as they can.

support