Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Post ACL surgery. 6(ish) months  (Read 1710 times)

Offline postskate

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Post ACL surgery. 6(ish) months
« on: June 13, 2016, 10:55:21 PM »
Was skateboarding and I "disconnected" my ACL and fractured my tibia spine. Had surgery in the beginning of February and the doctor said it went better then great. Problem is 5 months or so down the road and my leg is still bent.   I am talking about it going as low as -18 extension.. Not able to get to 0. Let alone hyper extension. I have been going to PT 2-3 times a week and even the PT people seem discouraged at my progress. This has been depressing. Doctor is seeing me tomorrow and talking about possible scar tissue built up preventing any progress. Anyone been in a similar situation?

I am worried my insurance will not cover me this time around and will leave me handicap for life with this injury..what are the odds?

I wish I could just be put under and have leg worked extended while I am asleep.

Offline postskate

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Post ACL surgery. 6(ish) months
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 12:21:04 AM »
Well since no one really replied with any insight but just read it...this may go to deaf  and/or ears/eyes.

Having surgery this week on Thursday, Wil stay the night in the hospital Hopefully I don't lose my legs as it is one of the risk. I will post results when I can.

Offline postskate

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 08:34:55 PM »
Update: Surgery went well and have been in a full leg cast for almost 2 weeks now. I get it removed hopefully this week on the 14. Will update again.

Offline BarefootPilgrim

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 07:29:47 PM »

How are you feeling now? What is the prognosis? Hope you are feeling better and have the support you need, medical and emotional.

support