Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: What do I do next?  (Read 849 times)

Offline Worn_out

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
What do I do next?
« on: February 19, 2004, 09:42:53 PM »
Everyone,
My thanks to all of you for giving people who don't know what to do about this disease a chance for new incite. I am 45 and have abused my knees for the past 25 yrs. I was one of the top ranked Body Builders in the Rocky Mnt. region of the U.S.A. In addition to all of the heavy weight training that goes with this sport(knee damage) I am very bowlegged. There have been 6 knee surgeries between the two legs(ACL, Meniscus tears, cartlidge damage, debriment...)2 surgeries ago I was told I have OA mainly in the knee caps. This past surgery( 1 week ago) I was told it was going up into the thigh bone.
So much for the damage...where to go from here? I was told by OS that there should be no more weighted leg training(squats, presses, leg ext.). OS says I am on my way to TNR. Unfortunately I have found in the past the stronger I keep my legs the less problems I have. I have been trying to come up with some kind of a stregth training program for the stationary bike. Maybe someone out there knows of one or another type of approach to strength training.
Next question? What to do about this incessant crunching in the center of the knee. Feels like someone poured a cup of gravel into the knee when I walk. Tried condroiton, glucosimine, MSM, heavy water intake, anti-inf, COX inhibitors.
Thanks to all of you for your time and hope you too are finding answers for this curve in life we all have been thrown.     ;)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2004, 03:41:00 AM by Worn_out »