Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: is there any real benefit to formal diagnosis?  (Read 3513 times)

Offline sunn

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 4
is there any real benefit to formal diagnosis?
« on: February 14, 2016, 09:26:11 AM »
I have been told by knee surgeon and physios that I hyper extend on joints and am too flexable.  prior to that I thought everyone could bend joints that far. 
I recently came accross the brighton score thingy and I can do all the joint movements on it apart from elbows, what I would like to know is is there any real advantage to having a formal diagnosis? I really hate seeing doctors, I have an embaressingly long list of things wrong and always feel like a moaner/hyperchondriac.  I hurt/have problems in multiple areas and never have had a fix on any of the issues previously so it seems like went through the embaressment and stress of doctors appointments for nothing.
What I would like to know is with the hypermobility thing is there any real treatment for the swelling etc that actually works? or will I just be wasting everyones time and going through stress for no help?  If its just going to be take pain meds and do exercise then I'd sooner arrange those myself and avoid medics...

Offline sunn

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 4
Re: is there any real benefit to formal diagnosis?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 09:30:44 AM »
I finally asked Dr and yes I am formally hypermobile and thats cause of most of the other things wrong. and why joints so unstable. Have now been refered for physio