Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: PFPS - Big relief after dry needling  (Read 572 times)

Offline Lanterne Rouge

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
PFPS - Big relief after dry needling
« on: January 05, 2016, 10:23:14 AM »
Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience with dry needling. I had been in too much trouble with my knees after some overuse with cycling. I was having random inflammation even after short walks. I didn't believe that dry needling would sort out anything but it seems it did. Therapist told me that I have tightness around IT band area and calves. After 6 sessions IT band area loosened very well. I would suggest anyone suffering from PFPS/chondromalacia to do the same.

Offline dal_knee

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 47
Re: PFPS - Big relief after dry needling
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 04:46:56 PM »
Thanks for sharing. 

I've been suggesting dry needling for mal-tracking for quite some time, good to see some one confirm the treatment.
2007 - partial medial meniscectomy
2010 - full thickness chondral defect & adjacent subchondral edema MFC.   Direct result of stupid partial mensicectomy from 2007.
2014 - Subchondroplasty, chondroplasty, unauthorized 2nd partial medial meniscectomy.
2015 - partial failure of subchondroplasty.

Offline sashko

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2016, 04:48:01 PM »
Interesting. I've had it done on my calf before twice, while recovering from a really bad strain that took 6 months to heal (no knee issues at that point yet). I think it may have helped with the calf a bit - certainly didn't hurt it more longterm. I just remember my calf muscle spasming like crazy when they put the needle in.

Just wondering where exactly your knee pain was coming from? (Medial/lateral?, etc.)

Offline Lanterne Rouge

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 03:45:32 PM »
Interesting. I've had it done on my calf before twice, while recovering from a really bad strain that took 6 months to heal (no knee issues at that point yet). I think it may have helped with the calf a bit - certainly didn't hurt it more longterm. I just remember my calf muscle spasming like crazy when they put the needle in.

Just wondering where exactly your knee pain was coming from? (Medial/lateral?, etc.)

Inside the joint, behind the kneecap as inflammation. Sometimes just above the kneecap, sometimes lateral and medial and ocassionaly below the kneecap.

support