Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: complication follwoing total knee replacement  (Read 229 times)

Offline BSC65

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
complication follwoing total knee replacement
« on: March 29, 2020, 06:59:02 PM »
This is regarding complications following total knee replacement {TKR}.
I had a TKR this past August. The surgery went fine and so did rehab. About 8 weeks after the TKR there have been about two dozen times when my knee completely swells up and the pain is awful. My orthopedic surgeon has drained it 4 times and it is always blood. There is no infection. I had an arteriogram done in mid-Feb and the doctor coiled 6 bleeding vessels. Despite this, the swelling/bleeding into my knee continues. These "episodes" of swelling and severe pain last 2-3 hours and they can happen by me just walking. I had a second opinion recently and the doctor said I have angiogenesis. This is the formation of new small blood vessels in and around my knee during the healing process after the TKR. I understand that this is a rare complication/condition. My doctor wants to do surgery to remove the synovial lining in my knee. Has anyone else experienced this and if so what was done to resolve the issue. At this point I am desperate because it has significantly affected my quality of life. Thanks so much for any responses.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 07:05:25 PM by BSC65, Reason: incorrect subject »