Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Knee Injury Soccer  (Read 446 times)

Offline cstrags

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Knee Injury Soccer
« on: December 23, 2015, 04:32:46 AM »
I am a division 1 soccer player. A little over a 2 months ago I injured my knee during a game. my leg was in the air and I took a blow from the outside pushing my knee inwards slightly. I was able to continue playing for a short time but had to come off as it felt weak. There was no immediate swelling. The next day felt stiff with some swelling but nothing major. I did some rehab and trained on it which all felt ok then tried to play the next game. Played for a good 30 minutes, then I went to turn and knee gave out slightly. was able to walk off as I didn't want to further injure it. I then gave it a week off until playoffs. at the playoffs I played in the game for 75 minutes. I went to push off my injured leg and it gave out and I felt a slight pop/crack so I came off. it wasn't associated with pain but knew this shouldn't happen. the next morning it was slightly swollen again and stiff but I was able to bear all my weight and walk. this was a month ago and I am still experiencing some pain. I am on a strengthening program for quads/hammys and have full range of motion. I get pain when I bend down fully into a deep squat like if you were doing a groin stretch. Thoughts? first ortho said it was ok although he found some laxity and said to have more rest from playing. I have about a little over 2 months until I have to play again. I saw a sports med doctor who was thinking ACL tear because of the laxity found in lachman test and ordered me MRI. also I have done some speed and agility drills in past few weeks which felt a bit weird but had no giving out feeling and was moving good.

Offline Rich Watson

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • If you can't do it, do it.
Re: Knee Injury Soccer
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 10:25:28 AM »
Hi, I ruptured my ACL playing football.

In my experience, and bare in mind everyone's pain threshold is different, but after the initial injury, i couldn't even stand let alone continue playing. With full motion very restricted from swelling. So that says to me it can't be a rupture. Maybe a tear but even still i'm assuming it would be very painful with you being unable to play.

I've read a lot that popping/cracking sounds coming from the knee, but not with much pain, is usually scar tissue being broken.

Maybe take it easy for the next 2 months until you play again. Everywhere I've read states- When working out on your knee; If it hurts stop, because you'll only hider yourself more.

Not a doctor my friend so take others advice to. Maybe ask for an MRI to be carried out so they can see exactly what's going on in there.

Rich.