Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Coldness after ACL reconstruction.  (Read 373 times)

Offline Rich Watson

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • If you can't do it, do it.
Coldness after ACL reconstruction.
« on: December 21, 2015, 08:58:48 PM »
Hi all,

I'm writing this post to see if anyone else has/is experiencing the same as me.

I had ACL reconstructive surgery with a hamstring graft on 19/12/2015, just in time for christmas eh!  :-\

I understand that my knee is going to be swollen and uncomfortable but I have a lot more numbing and cold than I expected. It's in my knee where the surgery was carried out, my tibia (shin bone) and again in my foot. More to the top of the foot, it feels cold and dead, like it's been sat on and should have pins and needles.

I do worry more than I should but I know blood clots can occur. My GP told me to hold out for the week until I see them to have my wound's reviewed, but a forum for advise can't hurt.

If you have this or have already gone through it, I would love to hear about your experience/ordeal to compare. Time frames, feelings, remedies!

Thanks for reading and I hope for a few replies  :D

Rich.

Offline Diana744

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: Coldness after ACL reconstruction.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 11:38:29 PM »
Have you tried doing foot pumps and ankle rotations to help with circulation? That was one of the exercises in my surgery prep book they said to do right after surgery, and try and do every hour, three weeks in I still find i'm doing them at night some times.
Good luck.

Offline Rich Watson

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • If you can't do it, do it.
Re: Coldness after ACL reconstruction.
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 10:14:04 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It seems to be the only thing helping for now, foot pumps that is, just need to somehow get the blood flowing which is hard when your knee doesn't want to bend!

Rich.

support