Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Gnarly ass 17 year old kneecap s**t !PLEASE HELP!  (Read 474 times)

Offline YTAsmaF

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Gnarly ass 17 year old kneecap s**t !PLEASE HELP!
« on: December 15, 2015, 08:26:34 AM »
Hey, I am 17 from San Francisco CA. Basically the grooves that hold my knee caps in are flat (I think they are called trochlear grooves) and it really sucks ass. I first dislocated my right knee during a basketball game when I was 13 and have done it like 7 times or something since (both knees). I have had 5 reconstructive surgeries (3 on the right, two on the left) but it keeps happening when I return to sports. The last time it happened was in august 2015 when I was skateboarding. Anyway I get real anxious about it and have like mini panic attacks sometimes because I love skateboarding and other sports but my knees are so screwed. I have heard of this surgery called a trochleoplasty, but it sounds super gnarly and like it might do more harm than good. By the way I do rehab after every surgery to get strong again before I do anything but it still usually fails. What should I do? I don't want to be disabled from doing fun s**t. Thanks.

P.S. I'm visiting the doctor soon so ANYTHING WILL HELP PLEASE JUST GIVE AN OPINION.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 08:59:30 AM by YTAsmaF, Reason: STRESSED »

Offline tlkkkk

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Re: Gnarly ass 17 year old kneecap s**t !PLEASE HELP!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 10:30:22 PM »
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but you may already be aware that your going to have knee problems for the rest of your life.  You just need to find a way to maximize your fun and minimizing pain.  If I was you I would take up cycling it helps stabilize the knee cap, I would avoid skate boarding with all the twists etc, doesn't mean you can't do it, as no one likes being told they can't, just may not be suited to yiur body type.

From a surgery point of view, sorry can't help you but I know things are advancing and your probably at the right age to be able to benefit from some really good treatments in the future