Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ACL Reconstruction Physiotherapy question - snapping and pressure tension  (Read 357 times)

Offline Diana744

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Hi,
I recently had my ACL reconstructed with a piece of my hamstring (November 30th), and have been doing physiotherapy since the Thursday, (post op day 3).
To help increase my extension of the knee, the PT said to put pressure on it as I'm stretching it out. Usually I feel a strain in the back of the knee while I'm trying to get full extension, but while I was placing pressure I felt a snap and the pressure was gone, and i could easily get full extension of my knee. I haven't spoken to my doctor or the PT about this yet, but the PT had mentioned that pressure is often a result of fluid within the knee - and my knee is still very swollen.
My question for this forum, is, if I had ruptured my newly reconstructed ACL - it would be incredibly painful (like the initial rupture) - and not just a simply snapping (which was at onset somewhat painful, but now its not at all - 15minutes later). My concern is that there doesn't seem to be any pressure there anymore, and i thought the pressure there was from the new ligament :S any advice or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Diana

Offline Scubagrl4

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 43
Re: ACL Reconstruction Physiotherapy question - snapping and pressure tension
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 04:32:12 AM »
It Sounds like you broke up some scar tissue :)
4/14/14 L ACL rupture, grade 2+ MCL tear
6/6/14 ACLr allograft
9/4/14 MUA
10/6/14 LOA/AIR, synovectomy, lateral/medial retinacular release, partial lateral menisectomy, chondroplasty, deep tissue
biopsies.
11/20/14 insufflation, MUA
10/19/15: LOA/air, PLM, chondro, synovectomy, med/lat releases

Offline Diana744

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: ACL Reconstruction Physiotherapy question - snapping and pressure tension
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 10:14:51 PM »
Thanks Scubagrl,
I saw my PT today, and they seemed to think the same.
The initial sensation was a bit alarming and not overly pleasant, but apparently no harm done.
I didn't realize the recovery was going to be so painful

support