Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Trochleoplasty and University  (Read 1835 times)

Offline antonnikitin97

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Trochleoplasty and University
« on: December 06, 2015, 08:07:31 PM »
(Sorry if in wrong section)
Hello,

My name is Anton I'm an 18 year old who's due to have a trochleoplasty on Wednesday. I am also a first year undergraduate in comp sci.
I have heard that the recovery time is around 3 months with a 6-9 month wait before returning to sport.

I have exams in January at the uni. My question is, is it realistic to assume I will be fit enough to endure uni life (my halls are a short walk from campus) or will it be looking like I would be better off suspending my studies for the remainder of the academic year and restarting in September (an option I have thought about)

Many thanks,

Anton.

Offline Alpinist77

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 2
Re: Trochleoplasty and University
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 02:33:53 AM »
Hello Anton,  I am 2 weeks out of my 2nd trochleoplasty (+TTO and MPFLrecon)  and I think you will be fine.  Crutching around will really suck, but since you will be laid up anyway...  you'll have nothing to do but study.  Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Offline antonnikitin97

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: Trochleoplasty and University
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 04:18:57 PM »
Hello, thanks for the reply.

The surgery went without a hitch (3 weeks post op full weight bearing 100 + degrees flexion and I went swimming today :) ), everything is perfect. However me and my parents (along with advice from the surgeon) decided that it would be best to fully recover before going back and as such I have suspended for the rest of the academic year.

Will keep you posted :D