Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 425 times)

Offline gigimck

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Introduction
« on: November 29, 2015, 03:44:21 AM »
Hi, all! My name is Gi'Gi'! I am 38 and broke my knee 13 years ago. Ripped the ACL, Medial Mensicus, and broke the tibial spine. After 2 years of surgeries, including an ACL reconstruction using donor Achilles, I had tons of problems with bone edema, which prevented healing 100%. I've had chronic arthritis since. A few months ago I was playing ball and stepped in a hole in the field. My knee went to the side and popped. It was swollen for a few days, but got "better".

This weekend, I was skiing and wiped out. The boot prevented me from protecting my knee, so it did the same thing, popped to the same side. I have swelling, pain just below my kneecap, pain in back of knee, popping, bruising and pain on the left side (kind of where the medial meniscus was) and back of knee. I can almost straighten but cannot bend to 90 deg. Maybe halfway. I dread going to the ortho, as i think this time I really screwed it up.  :( 

Offline Torao

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 9
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 06:31:42 AM »
The doctor may give you bad news, but they are just as likely to give you bad news in 3 months as they are tomorrow. And if you go now, you get started on getting better sooner.

Not that I'm a great example of this theory as I once waited a month before going to the doctor after smashing my shin only to be told that of course it hurts, it's obviously fractured.