Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Lipogems- anyone tried it?  (Read 45412 times)

Offline razuzin

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Lipogems- anyone tried it?
« on: October 30, 2015, 01:55:12 AM »
I'm scheduled for a fat stem cells treatment called Lipogems. It's a way to process fat aspirate without using enzymes,  instead, a mechanical filtration is done. It claims to produce better quality, more intact cells. The method originated in Italy, it's very new, popular in Europe, Poland in particular. The approach is cleared by FDA as no enzyme is used.

Would be especially interested to hear from MDAL if he had any info on this.

Thank you.

Offline psny

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 14
Re: Lipogems- anyone tried it?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 11:33:43 PM »
I'm scheduled for a fat stem cells treatment called Lipogems. It's a way to process fat aspirate without using enzymes,  instead, a mechanical filtration is done. It claims to produce better quality, more intact cells. The method originated in Italy, it's very new, popular in Europe, Poland in particular. The approach is cleared by FDA as no enzyme is used.

Would be especially interested to hear from MDAL if he had any info on this.

Thank you.

Where are you having this done? Can you please share? Also, what is the cost?

Offline razuzin

• Regular Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 03:49:11 AM »
The place is called New Jersey Sports Medicine in Cedar Knolls, NJ, they're also affiliated with Regenexx to perform their SD procedure. Cost 3750 just for Lipogems.
I'm planning to follow up with PRP in a different place in NYC.

Offline bradyj7

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 08:52:32 PM »
I travelled to Poland for lipogems...

Offline psny

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 10:29:14 PM »

Hi Brady, can you please PM me the clinic and price you paid? If you cannot PM and wish to post it here that works as well. I have a appointment with another clinic in Poland for SVF (non-Lipogems). I am considering switching due to cost and location.

Offline psny

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2015, 11:17:51 PM »
The place is called New Jersey Sports Medicine in Cedar Knolls, NJ, they're also affiliated with Regenexx to perform their SD procedure. Cost 3750 just for Lipogems.
I'm planning to follow up with PRP in a different place in NYC.

Apparently "Jock Doctors" in Connecticut also offer the Lipgems kit. The cost you quoted is not that bad, although the treatments with Lipogem in Europe are around $1600-2000 USD. I may switch my appointment from a clinic in Poland to one that uses Lipogems. There are so many clinics in Poland that offer true SVF and equally as many that use the Lipogems, Cellution, Cha-Station, and several other systems.

Offline razuzin

• Regular Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 01:24:49 AM »
what be great to hear more detail: what was your condition, any changes since the injection, was it combined with PRP/prolo, did it hurt?
The place in NJ is just starting this procedure, they only had 18 injections to date and obviously no statistics.

They seem pretty reputable, invited the original inventor from Italy to teach them, and he administered first couple of injections.

Offline razuzin

• Regular Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 01:32:25 AM »
Bradyj7,
Just saw your message in my mailbox.
Unfortunately since I have less than 20 posts I'm unable to respond directly
Put my qq's above

Offline razuzin

• Regular Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 01:33:02 AM »
Thanks lot for reaching out

Offline fraz

• Regular Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 12:40:40 AM »
Hi Razuzin  ;D - I hope you get the SVF you are looking for - Its great for bone and catilage -
I presume this is for your knee? -
If you don't get the results you expect there may be a bigger problem like ACL PCL or meniscus injury that needs more help than just SVF - One of my knees is like this - the other isn't and has responded well to SVF - Happy healing -  :)

Offline razuzin

• Regular Poster
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 02:08:08 AM »
Hi Razuzin  ;D - I hope you get the SVF you are looking for - Its great for bone and catilage -
I presume this is for your knee? -
If you don't get the results you expect there may be a bigger problem like ACL PCL or meniscus injury that needs more help than just SVF - One of my knees is like this - the other isn't and has responded well to SVF - Happy healing -  :)
Thank you fraz.
Yes, it's for my knee. I have a full thickness lesion in my trochlear groove, plus possibly damaged meniscus after a partial menisectomy. I doubt that SVF will help with the full thickness lesion but perhaps it may improve the meniscus and make the healthy cartilage better.
SCHeduled to do it in a week, will post the progress.

Offline dsamp15

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 02:48:15 AM »
This is my first post on the site and Lipogems is actually the reason I joined Knee Guru after reading various posts for many months. I am glad that others are researching this product, I have knee problems like most others here and am looking into this procedure from a doctor in Connecticut.

This is an article that I came across online reviewing the system

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23051701

Seems like the real deal

Offline razuzin

• Regular Poster
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 07:22:50 PM »
Hi dsamp15,

I'm wondering what's the cost of Lipogems injection quoted in CT office.
Also are they doing any PRP during/after the injection? The office in NJ I contacted doesn't have a PRP as part of it. I may do it later on my own.

Offline razuzin

• Regular Poster
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 07:23:53 PM »
Here is a video of one of the stem cells experts on Lipogems.
Not sure, but apparently he's on the board of the company which developed Lipogems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOBrD2HxVR4

Offline dsamp15

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2015, 01:12:39 AM »
Not sure about the cost yet, I haven't contacted the doctors just have been trying to do my research. I am trying some PRP injections to see if that can help me out before I dive in the more expensive world of stem cells. I just had my first PRP injection about two weeks ago, jury is still out on the effectiveness, I'm sure I will be contacting those doctors at some point in the near future I will be sure to get you that info when I do.

This is the link on their site to the Lipogems procedure

http://www.jockdoctors.com/page.asp?id=54&name=LIPOGEMS%20Lipoaspiration%20Treatment&link_id=67