Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: quad tendonitis  (Read 842 times)

Offline tlizzic

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
quad tendonitis
« on: February 18, 2004, 06:15:45 PM »
I  have quad tendonitis above the knee cap. When it recently got much worse I stopped working out and doing yoga.  Once it was better I slowly resumed working out, but after two days I woke to find my knee purple, the outer area bruised, and some lack of sensitivity.  Though the constant pain from the tendonitis is gone.  Any advice?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2004, 06:19:20 PM by tlizzic »

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: quad tendonitis
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2004, 07:11:57 PM »
????

Hey !!
That is how I feel with this happening to you. For me it sounds like the pain was a nervdamage with a nerv trapped between something and that the yoga helped it out. But it can also be so that the workout was to rough for your knee so you needed to take it easier.
Strange thing. But strange things can happen !!
You can ask all my docs and phys I've met, they feel that some of my problems I have can't be explained. But though they still are there existing. Maybe it also was just a coincidence. Me f.i. lost some of my sense in my leg right over the knee and down my whole leg after biking on a testcycle which I hadn't done for almost 15 years because of my knee. And about 2 hours after beeing to the phys doing the bike I lost the sense and noone can explain why. No backproblem either.
Well if you are concerned go check with a phys or a doc. Otherwiese I can gratulate you to the lost of pain.

Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.