Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: synvisc 1 week ago and more pain. Should I continue with 2nd injection?  (Read 2219 times)

Offline Lorelei

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
I am new to this site and have a question. I am a 62 year old female with osteo arthritis in L knee. The pain was not constant but would flare when walking more than a city block or if on my feet for a long time. I had my first synvisc injection last Tuesday. The injection was not painful and I took it easy for a few days. Now my knee hurts when walking and standing more thatn before the injection. I am wondering if this is normal? or if I can expect it to get worse ? I am nervous about having the second injection. I am considering going to the Docere clinic and having stem cell injection instead. I would appreciate any comment or suggestions.
Thank you

Offline dal_knee

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 47
Re: synvisc 1 week ago and more pain. Should I continue with 2nd injection?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 08:29:33 PM »
Hi,

Do you have bone edema in your MRI?   I do, and my bone pain worsened with HA injections.   I gave up on those.  It may be the reason that you are feeling worse.    Just something for you to consider.   

2007 - partial medial meniscectomy
2010 - full thickness chondral defect & adjacent subchondral edema MFC.   Direct result of stupid partial mensicectomy from 2007.
2014 - Subchondroplasty, chondroplasty, unauthorized 2nd partial medial meniscectomy.
2015 - partial failure of subchondroplasty.