Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: knee meniscus surgery  (Read 14645 times)

Offline Carol6

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
knee meniscus surgery
« on: December 03, 2009, 05:57:28 PM »
Had meniscus knee 4 weeks ago. Developed a dvt 2 days later. Was put on blood thinners. A week after was back in the
hospital my knee was filling with blood. Anytime I put my surgery knee toward the floor it starts filling. Was told to stay
in bed. I have started my second week in bed. My left foot still swells. I haven't been given any direction, only
to stay in bed, leg elevated, use ice. Has anyone else been through this. If so, was there anything you could do to help
the situation? Thanks

Offline gjwilliams2

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: knee meniscus surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 12:06:45 AM »
Carol,

I have just experienced the same thing, but have apparently been given different instructions.

Meniscus repair surgery March 24th, followed by confirmed DVT blood clot 4 days later. I was put on Lovenox and Coumadin to thin blood. About 1 week after the DVT, my knee swelled up with blood and produced absolute agony. I was admitted to hospital for pain management, which required morphine. I'm now recovering at home, doing my CPM exercises, walking on crutches (I'm no weight bearing for 6 weeks, even before the DVT). I have rehab scheduled tomorrow.

My foot still turns blue when I'm upright, and I get pins and needles almost all the time. I have no idea whether this will be a permanent or long-term feature, I have follow-up visits with my surgery doc and also my regular physician next week.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Offline Corvin666

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: knee meniscus surgery
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 12:29:57 AM »
Folks, I know it has been a while, but if you're still reading this, how did that go?

I had my ACL+meniscus surgery 3 weeks ago, no major issues with swelling (was icing and elevating), moderate swelling with leg down, but yesterday I felt gradually increasing tightness and pain in the area of second joint of my bit toe on the operated leg. Over the course of few hours it became really painful to bend and flex the toe. I called my physician, his assistant told me not to worry, ice it and that it's nothing I should be concerned about.

But I am concerned reading all the stuff about DVT...

support