Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: weight bearing pain in knee after euflexxa  (Read 2327 times)

Offline guam

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 3
  • I hate knee problems
    • for anything fokai
weight bearing pain in knee after euflexxa
« on: September 16, 2015, 12:25:14 PM »
anyone else have weight bearing pain after receiving a euflexxa injection?

about a month and a half ago, I woke up in the morning with my knee swelled to the size of a softball.  I didn't do anything outside of the ordinary, except sleep with my legs elevated. 

swelling didn't go down after a month so I decided to drain it and get an mri.  2 days later it swelled up again and I decided to drain it again. this time, the doctor suggested a euflexxa shot since my MRI showed slight bone on bone arthritis.  I've been told I'll eventually need a partial knee replacement from numerous doctors.

anyway, swelling didn't come back and I was able to walk with little pain for 2 days.  not a lot of walking though.  less than a mile each of the 2 days.  after that 2 days, my fat pad swelled up and the pain is much worse than prior to the injection.  I have extremely sharp pain right at the fat pad when I weight bear and only when I weight bear. 

I've never had to use pain killers except for on the day of my surgeries, but I've had to resort to 400mg ibuprofen a day just to be able to walk.  pain is still there, but not as sharp.

anyone else have similar reaction?  it's been a week of this excruciating pain. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 12:27:39 PM by guam »
9/2007: diagnosis: discoid lat. meniscus with tear-rk
10/2007: part. lat. menisectomy-rk.- failure
5/2008: fix previous surgery
2/2010: diagnosed with discoid lat. meniscus with tear-lk
5/2010: partial lat. meniscectomy-lk
11/2011: scope on rt. knee. diagnosis: varus knee
12/2011: HTO