Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Still can't bend past 110 degrees 4 months after surgery  (Read 490 times)

Offline Georgie28793

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 3
Still can't bend past 110 degrees 4 months after surgery
« on: August 23, 2015, 10:16:36 PM »
Im sure a similar post will be on here somewhere but wondering if anyone else has had this issue? For a while I was steadily increasing the range of movement in my knee, but haven't been able to get past 110 for the last month. Really disheartening as it feels like I physically can't bend my knee further without doing some serious damage. My knee feels really tight and almost like it would pop if I were to bend it back suddenly. I really want to get back into riding my horse but can't risk falling off with my knee incase I were to land on it and bend it further.

Im still working with my physio and have tried deep tissue massage, lengthening and strengthening my muscles in my leg, recently tried hydrotherapy. Any advice or similar success stories would be greatly appreciated!
2000/14 - multiple dislocations of both knees
August '14 - bad LK dislocation
April '15 - LK MPFL reconstruction, tibial tubercle osteotomy and supramalleolar derotational osteotomy

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 101
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: Still can't bend past 110 degrees 4 months after surgery
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 11:35:41 AM »
Yes, we have many, many stories like yours in this bulletin board. I would suggest you start by reading through this course by Dr Noyes - http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEnotes/courses/rehabilitation-issues/arthrofibrosis-12-part-course-frank-noyes-md

Then I suggest that you go and speak to some of the people here http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/index.php?board=9.0 , all of whom will be battling with knee stiffness problems.
--
KNEEguru

support