Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: unique pet tricks  (Read 5100 times)

shadehawk

Re: unique pet tricks
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2005, 12:32:18 AM »
Wow, all your pets are so talented.  My terrier does little things like retrieve the paper and takes it to who you tell him to.  He also knows every one of his toys by name and will retrieve them by name.

Pets are so much fun.  I used to have a horse that would pick up sticks like a dog and retrieve them.  See the pattern here - yes, guess it is my fault.   ;D

Fun though................

ariel

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2005, 07:28:05 PM »
Our Dog just does the "guzzle" - that's like, she guzzles a massive amount of food every day - she doesn't do any traditional tricks, but she can tell when your upset/down etc and she does try and "emotionally" cheer you up by sort of butting up to you with her snout and then licking your face - she's not the brightest, but she's very gentle and loyal.

Offline imnotpunk

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • stupid knee!
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2005, 05:12:27 PM »
My bird could actually meow like a cat! I have a kitty, Milo, who is probably one of the most talkative cats you'll ever meet...she's always meowing, barking, crying, ANYTHING...well one day she was crying/demanding for her cat food (we feed her soft food once a day in the dining room, which is coincidently where the bird stays), and the bird just started MEOWING out of nowhere! It sounded EXACTLY like a cat. He never stopped since, and there would even be times where he and Milo would have full-blown conversations with one another. It's the cutest thing EVER! Most people have to see it to believe it, but when they see it happen they are floored, it's so adorable! I dunno if it's a "trick", but it's definitely unique!

Best wishes,
Patricia
R knee:
08/03-meniscal repair, LR
01/04-MUA, LOA
03/04-MUA
08/04-patellar tendon reconstruct. w/hamstring, menisci repairs, lateral/medial releases
10/04-MUA, LOA, debride., marsupialization, lateral release
12/04-MUA, LOA, meniscectomy
L knee:
09/05-meniscectomy, chondroplasty, microfracture

Offline MedicJess

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
    • links to post-op pics here too
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2005, 11:20:00 PM »
Oh I'm LOVING the bird and cat talking to each other.... America's Funniest Videos worthy in my mind!

My parents's Russian blue named Ramses has incredibly long toes on his paws. He too loves to kock this off, but then he'll jump down to the and pick them up with his toes!  I once actually saw him pick up a marble, I couldn't believe it! LOL..
Then again, this is also the cat that "barks" at flies.

Jessie
4/96 - sports accident involving LK
6/96- LK scope and "chondromalacia", patellar chondroplasty,
ongoing- bilateral PFS, osteoarthritis, patella alta
12/04- LK LR and TTT
03/25/05 - LK scar tissue removal, patellar chondroplasty, and limited synovectomy for extreme synovitis

Offline dubbin

• Forum Faithful
  • 2 fish in a tank, one says I'll shoot, you drive
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2005, 11:00:20 PM »
We have three ferrets,  Spike, Guiness, and Killer, they are knuckle heads! They don't know tricks, other than begging (oops   ;D ) but they will climb anything they can, they will hide anything small enough that they can drag away, Guiness has actually dug a hole in our NEW carpeting. And they like to play 'feet' where you better have shoes on cause otherwise feet are fair game and they have sharp little teeth!!
They're way cute though, the dimwits...

Offline goose

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
    • Jennifer Linforth, Author
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2005, 02:11:05 PM »
Let see..

My cat  swims and loves water, and if we tap our shoulder he will jump up onto them.

Our parrot talks up a storm and actually uses words in context. "Thank you" when you  give her something, "night night" when she wants to be covered up, "wake up" when she wants to be uncovered, "Gimmie" when she is just being rude, she adores to play "peek a boo" shouting that all the time then hiding behind a toy or something, "I love you" when she feels like it and the ever popular "I'm a duck, hear me quack, QUACK QUACK".....  That phrase through our vet for a loop once when he asked her "What seems to be the trouble birdie?"  My parrot looked him  square in the face and announced "I'm a duck!"   

Pets, gotta love em.

Goose
RK-LR 1988
RK-LR 1999, chondromalacia, torn cartlidge removed, debridement
LK-LR 2002, chondromalacia
LK 11/2004 diagonstic scope, lesion removed, debridement
LK-TTT 12/8/2004

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2005, 02:36:21 PM »
One of our rabbits actually my sons, if you ask her where she wants the carrot she points with her nose at the bottom og the cage.

Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline kristy

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2005, 04:40:46 AM »
I have a dog. She likes to eat plenty of tricks . So when u hold one up. she will get on her two back legs like if she was standing and walk on  her two back legs only to get the treat

Offline lasly

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2005, 06:50:16 AM »
I have a yorshire terrier, he is called roly, we were in out back garden playing with his ball, it was thrown onto the shed roof, oh the dog went nuts, thair was a ladder proped up againsed the shed , i looked in horror to find roly up the ladder ,got his ball, jumped down fron the shed roof, i thought broken leggs ect, no the dog was fine, my son thought that was a neat trick so up the ball went again, eeekkk, but this time roly  jumped down onto the chicken hut then to the ground, had a chase of the chickens, came  to me to play  ball again,
iv moved the ladder as he did slip a few times.
JULY  2003  right knee. key hole, LR.
DEC 2003,   Left knee, key hole,LR.
MARCH 2004,LR Left knee, key hole.and open, with 7 stitches, nasty infection.also found to have heart problems.
APRIL 5th, open LR and Mediel Reffing,9 staples
April 19th Angiogram, (heart).
TTT 28th Aug 2208, left knee,

support