Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Any more claims to fame?  (Read 5846 times)

Offline fed_up_in_freddy

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Run if you're being chased, Swim if you're on fire
Re: Any more claims to fame?
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2005, 06:47:22 AM »
I am proud of some of my achievements...I won the Mactaquac triathlon when my knees were good, of course...I have an article being published in Fredericton's french journal in February (L'Info-lien) I was a CIAU Academic All-Canadian and AUAA all-star for Swimming for the UNB Varsity REDS and I sang at the Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival.  One though that is on a more serious note...and this was more of an effort on my part...as I have paramedic training, though never became one, a man had an accident and I was doing a practicuum for John Howard Society and so I pulled over with my clients in the car, and no one knew what to do, so I checked him and he had no pulse, so I did CPR on him until the ambulance got there.  Unfortunately, he passed away.  The police called me and told me.  And oddly enough, I knew the man well.  I didn't notice at the time.  A letter was written to the president of my college commending me for my heroic efforts.  I still don't feel very heroic, and feel that anyone in my position would have done the same thing.  
That's pretty much all for me.  
You guys are all pretty impressive.  Keep up the great stuff!!  It's great to read all about you!!  Heather.
1995 scope /LR/debriding right knee
1997 scope /LR/debriding/left knee
2004 diagnosedChondromalacia Patellae both knees
In PT/taping/bracing/severe pain/no luck as of yet/on anti inflammatories

Offline BadDog

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2005, 11:01:39 PM »
My claim to fame is that I once met a guy who had a stepbrother who knocked over a guy in his cab whilst driving through Manhattan.  Now the guy he knocked over was married to a woman from Brooklyn who used to live next door to a family who had a daughter and three sons.  Now the daughter got married to a fella who had just moved from from Idaho to New York who once had his Chevy repaired at a dealership not too far from where he worked in WestChester and the guy who repaired his Chevy was the spitting image of a bloke who used to play the bass guitar in a band from the late 1960's.  But I can't remember his name.  ;D
Bad Dog... Bad Dog...

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2005, 02:30:06 PM »
Hey !!

Has been in local paper and TV protesting about closing the orhestraclasses.
Ohh how ugly it sounded in TV ( I speak something called östgötska a ugly dialect of swedish).
My aunt was together with Peter Sellers and he asked to marry her.
My cousin is married with the one who produced ABBA.

How about that ?! Famous or not ? NO I would say.

Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Kathy G

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • I'm no longer 10 - but my life isn't over yet!!
    • My Broken Leg Diary
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2005, 11:02:22 PM »
The closest claim to fame that I have is being a distant cousin of Ray Stevens (The Streak, Everything is Beautiful, Ahab the Arab, etc.). Also if you want to count the fact that I worked once as an extra on the set of "In the Heat of The Night" where I got to see Caroll O'Connor, Alan Autry, Hugh O'Connor, Harold Rollins, Christine Elise and some of the other not-so-famous players. Very interesting to see a TV show in production. It was an experience I will never forget!!  ;D
Tib Plateau fx right leg 9/14/02; ORIF w/L-plate, 8 screws. 10 years and counting. MY DIARY -http://www.mybrokenleg.com/kathy

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2005, 04:30:55 AM »
hmmm...i played hs ball with newly minted nfl hall of famer steve young and was the sports editor of the hs paper and the sportsl reporter for the local paper....so i got to cover him in practice and in the paper..pretty cool...

back in my bar band days....we opened for the southern rock band the outlaws one nite..the scheduled opening act never showed as their van broke down..we had played this bar a few times during the week when no one was in there....i was drinking at the bar when the mgr asked me if we could set up sometime in the next hr....it was a goof...and the best part was hanging out backstage after their show with these legends of the southern rock boom of the late 70's...now granted this was 10 yrs later and the surviving bands of this era were playing bars for a few grand a nite...but it was cool to see them in such a small venue  ...if u love music and maybe the occasional adult beverage it was as good as it gets for civilians....

anyway that's bout it....good topic..

hope everyone is having a pain free wkend

ronnie
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline imnotpunk

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • stupid knee!
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2005, 05:56:19 AM »
I actually have my "case" pubilshed in some sort of book...I don't know much about it, but when I was suffereing from panniculitis years ago my rheumatologist presented my case at the Mayo Clinic and some of the doctors decided that I should be involved in this medical research book (because of the rarity of what I have).

Aside from that, I've been published a few times, mostly for my sports writing but a few poems and short stories as well. I also have a few stories and writings to be published in an upcoming book about the history of the New Jersey Devils NHL franchise, I'm VERY excited about that!

Best wishes,
Patricia :)
R knee:
08/03-meniscal repair, LR
01/04-MUA, LOA
03/04-MUA
08/04-patellar tendon reconstruct. w/hamstring, menisci repairs, lateral/medial releases
10/04-MUA, LOA, debride., marsupialization, lateral release
12/04-MUA, LOA, meniscectomy
L knee:
09/05-meniscectomy, chondroplasty, microfracture

shadehawk

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2005, 01:21:15 PM »
Wow Patricia, that is awesome.

You certainly should be excited about your latest claim to fame.  It is just great that your writing has been recognized, I am really happy for you.  You really are talented with your poems and short stories. 

Hey, keep up all the good work that you are doing!!

Hugs,  ;)

Shade

Offline ProfLiebstrom

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Ā fin
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2005, 06:28:44 PM »
Extra in the film "When Saturday Comes" (Among the crowd somewhere, can see me in parts cheering as my sister and her bf held me up :P)

Part of a group of kids who annoyed the people filming "The Full Monty" by running round screaming and running up to the fence when they were filming :p

Local newspaper for a dog show.

Various school activities.

Was one of a group of muggings that occured. Although mine was a completely seperate one. Everyone seem's to know me since that lol.

Used to be known for my early gymnastic abilities at school. Never actually did gymnastic training but everyone knew me for my famous handstand walk across a narrow beam that was 6ft in the air during PE. I got a bit too cocky though and fell off.

Also used to be known as both "The Juggler" when I played goalkeeper for a Cubs team. Got the name after one game where the ball was incredibly wet and it kept slipping out my hand. And also known as "Maradona/Pele the Second" for the amount of times I used my head when I was playing defence and when I was always sent up for corners because I was the tallest :P

Erm....think that's it.

Offline clairec

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2005, 10:26:48 AM »
My dog was on Coronation Street one Christmas - he stole Jack & Vera's turkey!!

RIP Paddy