Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: MRI results negative, no closer to answers, now what?  (Read 2502 times)

Offline Lilspark

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: MRI results negative, no closer to answers, now what?
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2015, 12:41:41 AM »
Another negative MRI, it doesn't show any issues with my knee. I'm frustrated with this pain. My doctor did state that it sounds like plica and now that the meniscus has been ruled out this could be the issue. How is plica diagnosed and does it ever show on an MRI?

Offline Lilspark

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
Re: MRI results negative, no closer to answers, now what? (MRI pics)
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 11:36:25 PM »
I am attaching the pictures from the first MRI of the sequence where the plica could be. I do not have a copy of the second MRI to compare. The MRI results do not address plica, is this something I should followup with to ask the MRI to be checked for plica?

Offline Gishy

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2016, 01:48:03 PM »
Are those the only images you have? Can you post the sagital/coronal images too? The 3 images I can see there only cover a tiny portion of your knee - maybe they aren't loading properly for me.

My Knee MRI came back negative but out of interest I taught myself how to interpret the results. There is a lot that can go on in there and some of the signs are incredibly subtle while others (like mine) are blindingly obvious.

Start by doing a Google image search for "healthy knee MRI" and compare to yours. Then go to YouTube and watch some videos on how to read a knee MRI - there are a couple of very good introductory videos aimed at patients and med students. Once you have a grip on what kind of things can go wrong, go back to that image search and start again.

I believe my MRI was misread partially because of what my referring doctor wrote on the request form and partially because the time stamp on my images was 7:30pm and the radiologist wanted to go home.

Best of luck.

Offline Lilspark

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2016, 10:46:09 PM »
I finally figured out how to upload an album to flickr- I've screen shot the whole MRI and here is the link to the photos:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/GARHF0

support